Cross EPG will not download properly.

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,137 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• I thought this Catseye version might able me to configure xepg, Nope. Had real problems the last few days. Cross EPG will not download properly. I am using Open Vix Apollo 0.0.8 the latest version, well gone back to it. Did not like Blackhole, could not get on with Open ATV. The main reason for trying other images was to see if I had a problem with my setup. Even tried 11778 V @27500. Did a scan and still no xepg manual download. I have followed the setup CrossEPG for *** UK in Vix 3.0 tutorial to the letter but when it comes to "Scoll to CrossEPG, press OK, I do not get, "Change scheduled download from disabled to once a day" etc. etc. I am slowly losing the will to live. Has anyone any ideas?? I will now do a Factory Reset on the STB and re-install Apollo.

In the meantime, HELP! needed please. I dare say it is staring me in the face but I cannot see it yet. btw cazuela cannot install your file, Telnet tells me, root@vusolo2:~# ipkg-c1 list > /tmp/ipkg-list.tmp; echo ">>> DONE <<<"; -sh: ipkg-c1: not found
    >>> DONE <<< Three lines and then back to root@vusolo2 :~#

end of screen. Is this channel list only for vusolo2? I have a vu+solo2

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• I thought this Catseye version might able me to configure xepg, Nope. Had real problems the last few days. Cross EPG will not download properly. I am using Open Vix Apollo 0.0.8 the latest version, well gone back to it. Did not like Blackhole, could not get on with Open ATV. The main reason for trying other images was to see if I had a problem with my setup. Even tried 11778 V @27500. Did a scan and still no xepg manual download. I have followed the setup CrossEPG for *** UK in Vix 3.0 tutorial to the letter but when it comes to "Scoll to CrossEPG, press OK, I do not get, "Change scheduled download from disabled to once a day" etc. etc. I am slowly losing the will to live. Has anyone any ideas?? I will now do a Factory Reset on the STB and re-install Apollo.

In the meantime, HELP! needed please. I dare say it is staring me in the face but I cannot see it yet. btw cazuela cannot install your file, Telnet tells me, root@vusolo2:~# ipkg-c1 list > /tmp/ipkg-list.tmp; echo ">>> DONE <<<"; -sh: ipkg-c1: not found
    >>> DONE <<< Three lines and then back to root@vusolo2 :~#

end of screen. Is this channel list only for vusolo2? I have a vu+solo2

Wow buddy,,, that´s a lot of queries all in one!!! Lol
    I know nothing of how vix performs..
    image is one thing ,crossepg is another ¿ have you got the latest version of crossepg??
    I don´t know why you are trying to use xepg for ¿ Ire/UK channels?? Try opentv .....
    - setup - crossepg- configure- and you will see storage device, ( I use usb stick) ,scheduled,etc... press OK to store your settings
    OPENTV -ok -download - save - exit - job done...
    Remember you have to be on a UK channel for it to connect and populate...
    The ipk In the first post??? worked a treat while it lasted...,read some other posts for the feedback
    You install it just like any other ipk..
    but beware these channel ipks will overwrite any other channel settings the box might have...

• ViX is now on build 012 now bud, but don't worry if you flash 008 back on you can upgrade to the new version through the image...

Ok crossepg, menu/setup/system/EPG/CrossEPG/configure..... when you highlight scheduled download, press the left o right arrow on your remote to change the options....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks guys for getting back. I am only after UK channels on 28.2. I am going to try 012 and start all over again. I cannot get to CrossEPG Setup page, CrossEPG goes straight to CSV and that's it. I think I have really c***** up. Please excuse my language. I will install 012, now the mrs. has gone to bed, and I can concentrate in peace.

I'll be back and let you know how it goes.

Watch this space :06:

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Intalled image Apollo 0.0.8, could not find 012. Started from scratch, UK only satellite. Installed latest Catseye, tried ABM tuner timed out? setup all the rest of configs, A/V through to Temp. Went to menu/setup/system/EPG/CrossEPG configure. Still will not download manually. Auto setup for 04:00 Daily. If it will not download manually I doubt it will automatically. EPG is 0.8.1. Well that's me tuckered out for the night but will try again in the morning.

Just another question, should the cccam attributes be 777 or 755

Edited 2 times, last by ampedef ().

• Well, here we are again.

Did a factory reset, new image, Apollo 08, installed latest catseye, 28E, 19E, 16E, 13E, 10E, setup from A/V to Fan control but still no manual download of EPG. EPG is 081, the latest I presume. Installed Cccam and configured. I thought I would just setup 5 sats to see if this made any difference to EPG, Nope. I am on a Terrestrial channel when setting up EPG, BBc1. Its been toooooo many days now so I suppose I will have to download updates if and when. I have followed the setup of EPG to the letter, what am I missing?????? If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

Appreciate your time gentlemen.

• Vix Apollo 012 available here bud: OpenViX Apollo Updates and Changelogs

Would it be possible to post what way you have your epg setup? starting with where you are saving the epg data to and then what providers you are using.... crossepg etc etc

If you are not able to download the data is the box connected to the internet ok? check in network.....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Well, here we are again.

Did a factory reset, new image,

I dont mean to be pernickety but why the factory reset then flash ?, the process of flashing a image first erases the flash before writing the new image, thus rendering the factory reset part redundant.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I dont mean to be pernickety but why the factory reset then flash ?, the process of flashing a image first erases the flash before writing the new image, thus rendering the factory reset part redundant.

Phoenix, you are not being pernickety at all. Any/all advice and comments very welcome. I did a complete factory reset and re-initialised the HD just to make sure no bits of software was left behind. Like starting with new box if you like. I know a new flash/image should wipe out everything but leaving the stb on all night, several days ago and the desktop, Got to configure my laptop to the stb, saves going up and down stairs, I could have attracted a bug or something, I suppose that sounds a bit crazy. Since that night EPG downloader in manual does not work like it used to. I am getting this urge to try Blackhole 2.1.0 again. I have printed out a lot of help/how to's for setting up again, is that a good idea?? tried Blackhole but a bit tangled up on how to set it up.

Edited 2 times, last by ampedef ().

• Vix Apollo 012 available here bud: OpenViX Apollo Updates and Changelogs

Would it be possible to post what way you have your epg setup? starting with where you are saving the epg data to and then what providers you are using.... crossepg etc etc

If you are not able to download the data is the box connected to the internet ok? check in network.....

Hi McKee, once again to the rescue, thank you. I have it as "CrossEPG for *** uk in ViX 3.0. Provider, *** Uk Open TV (Astra2 on 28.2), green tick. btw, I did have, Settings... Automatic refresh set toyes, now no and re-tried to "download now". Nope still the same.

"Joke" anybody want to buy a cheap VU+ Solo2?????????????? ONLY kidding, I don't give up that easily.

Edited once, last by ampedef ().

• Ok here is the way my own settings are:

menu/setup/system/epg/settings

menu/setup/system/epg/crossepg/configure

menu/setup/system/epg/crossepg/opentv providers

fI7WHhv.png

• Mine is exactly like you have setup yours, the only difference was, Virgin, Yes, now No. Tried the download again, nope. I have had permission to try Blackole again, ("What another Image??") said the wife. Now you can see the predicament I'm in. Have to go through all my bouquets and go through each channel again so the bouquets will populate. Is that something to do with the EPG? Looks like your pics is something else I have to get my head around. But first things first. Going to install BlackHole 2.1.0

Edited once, last by ampedef ().

• mckee25,

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! I had my configuration of ABM all wrong. Set it up for *** and low and behold 1 ABM. Menu, epg, double checked against your configs, went to download and Blimey it works. Downloaded over 900 channels, can't remember the exact figure, 928?? BTW, one VU+ Solo2 NOT FOR SALE! I have tried Software update and it tells me Nothing to Upgrade. Might try the Telnet method. I got from Marysia, my wife, I knew you would do it. "You are like a Terrier with a bone have to do it, keep eating". She's lovely.

Thanks go out to this board for their patience and help.

• I should have asked this earlier. Can please close this thread. I am up and running again, (until I update the Image), joke.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!