Problem flashing Maxdigital XP1000

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,501 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• A problemp with a new XP1000; flashing doens't happen:59:. I tried 2 Open-Pli 4 firmware versions:
    http://downloads.pli...0140710_usb.zip
    http://www.asat.tv/d...oads/xp1000.zip

I used this manual (see http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=37530):
    -Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
    -Insert the USB stick containing the image files into the rear USB port on the receiver.
    -Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch
    -Wait for both the RED Recording LED and the LED on the front standby button to appear
    RED, once you see this you must press the CH+ located behind the flap on the front of the
    receiver to initiate the flashing process.
    -Wait for the image to flash, during this time the Standby button LED will appear purple to
    indicate that the image is being flashed.
    -When the flashing process has completed the receiver will automatically reboot.

What's bothering me that there is no moment that the Recording LED is red ànd the LED on the front standby button appear to be red. The first 1 à 2 seconds after a cold start the Recording LED is red and the LED on the front standby button then appears to be purple. After that the Recording LED witches off. When it comes back on, the the LED on the front standby button is off. The LED on the front standby button becomes blue after a long way in the boot-proces. The red of the the LED on the front standby button, one gets after pressing the front standby button, is never there.
    I have an older XP1000, which was flashed by a supplier; that system behaves the same.

I tried this with 2 USB-sticks and a USB enclosed harddisk, all formatted with FAT32 (and after that FAT16 just to be sure).

Questions:
    - when to press (appr. how many seconds after cold boot?)?
    - what do I see on the TV-screen when it starts flashing?

• Been a while since i flashed one but as far as i can remember, you don't see anything on screen until flash has completed and receiver reboots.

Yep this is correct

I flashed one a couple of days ago. With the USB stick in the rear, I pressed ch+ on the receiver as soon as I turned it on, and kept pressing it and then I noticed it was doing something, as the USB sticks light started flashing. Once complete, it auto restarts and boots.

• After a long a time, and trying several USB-sticks, I discovered that I didn't copy the whole folder /xp1000. I am ashamed, after all these yeasr of flashing :06:. And it flashes in one go now....
    Thanks for all your comments!

• After a long a time, and trying several USB-sticks, I discovered that I didn't copy the whole folder /xp1000. I am ashamed, after all these yeasr of flashing :06:. And it flashes in one go now....
    Thanks for all your comments!

No shame in that buddy,, it happens to most of us!!!!
    Sometimes it´s so obvious in front of us that we simply just don´t see it ( in my case ageing eyes )
    But you got there in the end , so good job and case resolved!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!