Need help installing TSPanel on openpli 4.0 image

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 20,518 times. The last Post () by addtiva.

• Official Post

TSPanel is no longer supported, use this -> Linuxsat Panel

To Install:

Telnet - FTP .ipk to tmp/ folder > Paste this command into Telnet and press enter

Code
    opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

FTP - FTP .ipk to /tmp folder > Install from image menu, on the remote control press Menu > Plugins > Software Management > Install Local Extension

USB - Copy .ipk to a USB stick > Insert into receiver > Follow On Screen Instructions

• hi thanks for all your help i done all the above, but when i put in opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk i get the following : no such file or directory/failed to extract control file from /tmp, i have the dcc and telnet connected and install the usb and loaded it and no faults came up but i cant find the plugin on the box i am very sorry for all the hassle and thanks for all your help.

• hi any help in were i might of went wrong i have dcc opened and connected to ibox3 then open up telnet and paste the link you gave and press enter but opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk i get the following : no such file or directory/failed to extract control file from /tmp, keeps coming up, i then copy the attached files and go through the steps you gave its then install from usb.it then says no errors, many thanks for all your help

hi in the usb section when i install from external storage it shows install extension then the name of the file, i then install and i get the following message (done installed , upgraded or removed 0 packages with 0 errors) many thanks for all your help.

• Official Post

hi any help in were i might of went wrong i have dcc opened and connected to ibox3 then open up telnet and paste the link you gave and press enter but opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk i get the following : no such file or directory/failed to extract control file from /tmp, keeps coming up

Have you transferred the enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_7.3_mips32el.ipk file to the /tmp folder ? then tried telnet commands ?

• no i dont thinks so how do you do it, i am sorry for not knowing much about how this system works, if you can give me a few steps on how to do that part as i think that is were i am going wrong. thanks

Everything that you need to do to install an IPK is in post #2 buddy... you only need to follow the steps...
    open DCC - first got to FTP on left window pane you might see var-open this folder,inside you might see volatile-open this folder, inside you should see tmp.
    using hte arrows inbetween the 2 window panes you can transfer the IPK to tmp folder...
    then open telnet and write this command : opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk
    you should see the process happening in the telnet window..
    restart box ,then look in manu- plugins

• hi cazuela if you get a chance could you do a step by step on how to put a cline on the ibox 3, i dont have it on a file i use to manually put it in to the ***box f5s, your probably exhausted tonight with all my questions, if any help when your free i would really appricate it. many thanks

• Guys i need help, i have put the .ipk file in tmp as #2 wrote but when i check the plugin and then install, this shows up: "Done - installed, upgraded or removed 0 packages with 0 errors"

Why??
    What did i do wrong? I used Winscp since i cant open telnet from putty. because all i get is this text "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5ubuntu1.4" and when i click on any button Putty just shuts down..

Please help!

• Official Post

Guys i need help, i have put the .ipk file in tmp as #2 wrote but when i check the plugin and then install, this shows up: "Done - installed, upgraded or removed 0 packages with 0 errors"

Why??
    What did i do wrong? I used Winscp since i cant open telnet from putty. because all i get is this text "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5ubuntu1.4" and when i click on any button Putty just shuts down..

Please help!

Which image and version are you using ? Try using telnet method with dreambox control center.

• I'm using openpli 4.0 if that is what you are asking...
    i've tried using telnet now, and it work but evertime i write this in the command: "opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_7.3_mipsel.ipk"

This shows up:
    "No command 'opkg' found, did you mean:
    Command 'dpkg' from package 'dpkg' (main)
    opkg: command not found"

What is wrong? :(

• Official Post

"opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_7.3_mipsel.ipk"

The file you need for openpli 4.0 and connected to this thread is mips32el.ipk. You are trying to install mipsel version which is incompatible.

Use either of these commands;

Code
    ipkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Or in DCC click tools > packages > upload package.

• The easiest way is to use a UBS which has been format to FAT32 by HP Disk Format Tool and copy the IPK file in it and connect to your receiver then follow installation on your tv screen.

• The file you need for openpli 4.0 and connected to this thread is mips32el.ipk. You are trying to install mipsel version which is incompatible.

Use either of these commands;

Code
    ipkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Or in DCC click tools > packages > upload package.

I've also tried to install mipsel32 but i get the same result..
    I also forgot to mention that I used this tutorial
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=13502

Which means that I am using Ubuntu via Virtualbox, I have FTP'ed the file to /tmp/ folder, but I always get the same result which is ""Done - installed, upgraded or removed 0 packages with 0 errors""

But the main problem is the one with opkg

EDIT: don't see me as a cheap guy, I am going to buy a DM800 or better however this is just for testing purpose, I want to first learn how it works and after I have learned the main purpose to install TSpanel I am going to buy the box :)

Edited 2 times, last by nuhremede ().

• Official Post

mipsel & mips32el.ipk are compiled for receivers, not ubuntu. You would need to use 7-Zip to unpack the .ipk then send then TSPanel folder to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions.

Even if you managed to get it installed, all the files that are hosted on these addons panels will be mipsel/mips32el format, so it will be of no use to you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!