openATV 4.1 Amiko Alien 2, Golden Media Triplex backup.

There are 71 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 17,989 times. The last Post () by digweed.

• Pathetic image slow as a retarded retard. All the skins included basically don't function at all. In some the TV picture disappears completely on reboot of the skin. Who uses these images seriously ? I imagine people called "Satellite TV Men" who think that these images are quite GOOD when infact they are complete crapppppppppppppo ! Don't use them !! These people need to spend more time actually USING SPARK 7162 instead of just checking whether certain things run every now and then. These images are an absolute disgrace .. sorry being nice

HDMU is the best functioning spark 7162 image yet. I would say its the only one closest to actually being functional! But its latest images still need so much work its not funny, after 30 minutes or so the remote doesn't even function anymore and you can't even get up a channel list its just completely unresponsive (REBOOT).

Which supports my opinion/theory that THESE PROGRAMMERS SOMPILING THESE IMAGES SPEND ZERO TIME USING THE IMAGES ! !! SO WHY SHOULD WE USE THERE BUGGY CRAP

• This is an update to the openATV image I posted last week. It includes all the fixes that were added this week. It has most of the basics covered. That is everything I included in last image. I received a few PMs requesting some additional functions to be added and setup. This is included in this latest image. You just need to add your own oscam config settings to var/keys.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k6i…AABljw0-g0zD9efzH5ILX7ula

• Pathetic image slow as a retarded retard. All the skins included basically don't function at all. In some the TV picture disappears completely on reboot of the skin. Who uses these images seriously ? I imagine people called "Satellite TV Men" who think that these images are quite GOOD when infact they are complete crapppppppppppppo ! Don't use them !! These people need to spend more time actually USING SPARK 7162 instead of just checking whether certain things run every now and then. These images are an absolute disgrace .. sorry being nice

HDMU is the best functioning spark 7162 image yet. I would say its the only one closest to actually being functional! But its latest images still need so much work its not funny, after 30 minutes or so the remote doesn't even function anymore and you can't even get up a channel list its just completely unresponsive (REBOOT).

Which supports my opinion/theory that THESE PROGRAMMERS SOMPILING THESE IMAGES SPEND ZERO TIME USING THE IMAGES ! !! SO WHY SHOULD WE USE THERE BUGGY CRAP

"Pathetic image slow as a retarded retard" (not very nice comment) in what way ,this is a new image being done by openatv, they dont have to do one, they are trying a new way same as pbnigma as in the file structure is the same as mips

now iv all credit to the guys as they are doing something i cant, can you, if you can make an image up yourself then do so

lets not forget, how long have openatv been doing the image for and its still in beta, work in progress, yes it will be buggy thats why they need people to test and report problems back

once finished i would say it will be the image out there that every one will use including you.

did you know that HDMU still have the same faults that they have had and never fixed them in all the time i have used there images.
    personally i dont think they can, oh and HDMU is still in BETA after all this time of 2 years in using there images

• [quote='givecredit','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=218439#post218439']This is an update to the openATV image I posted last week. It includes all the fixes that were added this week. It has most of the basics covered. That is everything I included in last image. I received a few PMs requesting some additional functions to be added and setup. This is included in this latest image. You just need to add your own oscam config settings to var/keys.

additional functions to be added? ????
    HAVE YOU COMPLETELY LOST YOUR MIND !!? HAVE YOU USED IT RECENTLY ON A SPARK BOX OR YOU JUST UPLOAD THESE THINGS W/OUT EVEN TESTING THEM ??

THE WHOLE IMAGE IS BUGGED TO ****. SOFT EFFORT. TRIED IT NO THANKS

• Thanks for the reply ! Don't completely fathom or understand what this gibberish is really!

In the entire time the Alien 2 has existed, WHICH IS a long time dude , none of them have come close to delivering a usable Enigma2 O/S.
    THE PROBLEM is people like you that don't expect a finished product. INSTEAD you give credit where credit ISN'T DUE. The images are BUGGY, SLOW TO THE POINT OF BEING UNRESPONSIVE AT ALL, and not wirth the bit of memory they are being flashed to !

For Enigma2 to be a worthy platform for spark7162 it needs its own cult developers, maintaining the code and improving it regularly, AND ALSO USING IT ! wow cos who knew that to actually see if code works you need to use the box !
    What is the point to having NIGHTLY BUILDS if the product remains Alpha or BETA. Is there ever a finished product ????
    NOOOOOOOO Alien 2 Spark O/S absolutely kills these enigma2 losers releases... by a 100 miles.

I'm not a coder man I have in depth linux programming knowledge but I would never attribute my time to this because I don't have the time. But if I did you could bet I wouldn't serve up this absolute rubbish
    The problem with HDMU and the like is they want their Enigma2 builds on EVERY SINGLE SET TOP BOX and don't concentrate on ONE PARTICULAR BOX like VU+ GETS SUPPORT FOR martinxp has made his own and its probably the best because he has
    concentrated on what works with the SPARK 7162 side, not compiled some new rubbish into the spark7162 image that doesn't work cross-set-top-box like these idiots do at HDMU , PKTEAM ETC

HAHA And you know what makes me laugh is using these skins plugiins on HDMU. Is the fact that on every release .. not one single improvement on the speed and they're the main interface.
    You can go back to flashing one 10 releases later and its still the same. YEAH HATS OFF ENIGMA2 DEVELOPERS MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS, WE CAN USE THE DEFAULT HDMU SKIN EVERY TIME OR ONE THAT SLOWS THE BOX DOWN AWESOME GUYS ! AWESOME
    THATS WHY WE WANT HDMU !! THERE DEFAULT SKIN AND NO BLIND SCAN OPTION awesome choice !!

• highkick05 agree with most you have said,
    as for useable image sorry no, slow, no never had a slow image that i want to use its how you set it up
    even the mighty vix has had problems with there images of late

but lets concentrate on what openatv are doing, whether you like the e2 side or not, i agree that it needs someone to concentrate on a image solely for the alien2

martinxp did that and he was going great and i liked his image,then stopped ,why ???
    personally im looking forward to what "the captain" has to offer with openatv when its released, and also pbnigma from "graugans" who if you read is post has some great ideas regards e2 on the spark platform including using the whole flash 512 of it , these 2 alone have done more in the last months that any of the others have done in 2 years

any way great times ahead for the alien2

as for spark being better by a 100 miles ,come on do a pros and cons ill start you off

spark channel sorting its a mess, including its so called online channel updates ok if you want italian tv on 28.2e even its e2 data base transformer doesnt work as it should

epg guide its a mess makes no sense (asked since the dawn of time to improve it) and crossepg has only just worked of late and that was lots of badgering from people like me and others

plex on spark no sorry but thats a biggy for me on e2

cable scanning its a mess on spark

plugins the only one of worth is the backup and thats all i use on spark

spark has a nice calm blue background, yes i have skinned it but only to other colours

iv used both and the reason spark is stable,(if thats what you want to call it) its in house ,closed source nothing added nothing taken away if all you what is channel hopping and some kind of guide then yes spark is great and lets not forget the better picture as well

i think spark is stopped so i cant seeing any more improvements in the future as spark2 is coming out but if you have any ideas ill pass them on to vicky at fulan

• Without operational oscam that image is UNUSABLE!!!!!!! I' have tried almost the all oscam version and it's NOT OPERATIONAL!!! Belive or not!!!

• Without operational oscam that image is UNUSABLE!!!!!!! I' have tried almost the all oscam version and it's NOT OPERATIONAL!!! Belive or not!!!

how are you installing this, it worked first time for me

as we speak oscam is workin, it must be something you are doing wrong

did you install the softcam feeds for sh4 ,not mips version

did you goto plugins and install latest oscam

did you reboot box

did you then ftp your oscam.server file to usr/keys

then press blue button, on there you will see a new item called softcam the on the right softcam panel

9fe30326b45260.jpg

• I've had massive luck with the softcam keys on all the softcam key emu's and I was joyed to get them to work both in Spark O/S and Enigma2. I have learnt ! some work, some don't and despite people helping on the net
    they never seem to give the straight out easy explanations on getting things to work. All emu's are also different in one or 2 little tweak ways. Apparently one is supposed to be better than the other due to minor differences but sometimes
    you just don't get a choice because one works and the other doesn't. Softcams are good as long as you know the key file name exactly.

highkick05 agree with most you have said,
    as for useable image sorry no, slow, no never had a slow image that i want to use its how you set it up
    even the mighty vix has had problems with there images of late

so now even they are taking credit for rubbish i would say sloppy work? seems they're getting used to it these people

oh and spark at least its full proof and works 100%

channel sorting crap agree and agree with all you have said. but if the channel list doesn't open straight away what's the point (like enigma2 terrestrial side)!
    you could be waiting years for the signal meter to popup on the infobar as well ---> something that should be weeded out of all spark7162 enigma2 image skins
    too much information in the infobar and channel list being computed before displaying .. if it takes that long simply shove it in the secondinfobar most of that crap is used for
    satellite transponders anyway which has moderately faster response time in enigma2 I don't need it on my Terrestrial side _!_

which leads me to thinking spark 7162 needs its own skinning done on the enigma2 side. I started making a skin based on HDMU default skin a while ago but gave up because when doing secondinfobar I could not get it to
    read the signal strength and quality fast enough and i tried reading the info from 2 different python .pyo files for it aswell. its
    pretty easy to code the skins really. you just open the .pyo file with a typical text editor and it has all the data references for the python script functions in there. and there's .pyo's for everything in /usr/lib/enigma2/Extensions blahdy blah

ie, PID, SID, PliExtraInfo.pyo .. you just find the right data and it gets displayed , got the channel list xpicons working through some .pyo file .. quite easy it was I just don't have time or a laptop anymore (wife dropped it)

so with saying this.. it would be quite easy to code a skin that's purpose made to suit spark 7162.. works 100% of the time on all images and doesn't hog resources, and perhaps could be used as a template for other 7162 skins

• has anyone tryed crossepg, just cant get it to work, do i need to change something, the loading bar comes up for 30 sec then goes away, it doesnt switch to radio channel, so downloads nothing
    dreamuser

• YES!!! But in plugins I dont found any oscam update!

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!