Noobie android box

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,255 times. The last Post () by jdx79.

• I'm looking at getting an android box to start me off but am seeing loads and am now unsure if which one to go for. I started at a mx2 box then saw m8 box and now an ice cube 2. All say they are great but I'm unsure which will serve me best. Has anyone used any if these boxes and if so any advice greatly appreciated

Edited once, last by jdx79: Change box name ().

• I recently recieved one of these little beauties : Ferguson FBOX, Android TV Stick with AIR MOUSE from the sponsor and have to say I am very impressed.. read the sponsor´s post.of its capablities.
    It has too many qualities and qualifications to mention here but suffice to say that it is intelligent enough to help out a novice(noob like me)
    and powerful enough to satisfy the most experienced and demanding user...
    I love the gyroscopic remote that works perfectly a few metres from the screen..( in fact I had to lower the sensitivity )
    Did I mention the fact of its size?? And it "bends" to whichever angle best suits???

Maybe it´s only me as I dont have any experience with any other similar type like you mention but it works through wifi ( no LAN connection)
    and HDMI 1.4 only (so can´t plug it into my reliable 12 yr old panasonic I use for "experiments")
    So far I have upgraded software,set up xbmc to my liking,added /deleted android apps, view my own Vu+,internet radio,iptv,etc etc....
    hope this post doesn´t confuse your choosing too much ;)

• thanks for reply. No you haven't confused me more, just shows me maybe I haven't widened my search. Seena few posts on here where people recommend the ARC4 and this hadn't even come on my radar. Any other suggestions or if anyone has experience of the above boxes then please let me know

• I won the other one its fabulous and works a treat ...look for repositories to activate the xbmc on your Ferguson FBOX, Android TV Stick i don't know if i am allowed to tell you where and how to get them ????

:80: kiki 008

• I won the other one its fabulous and works a treat ...look for repositories to activate the xbmc on your Ferguson FBOX, Android TV Stick i don't know if i am allowed to tell you where and how to get them ????

I am trying to figure out how to get a backup with all the goodies already onboard....
    The "decent repositories" change faster than enigma plugins so it would be hard to keep up ,,
    but will make a start on them in XBMC section

• guys thanks for the above will look into the fbox. Also has anyone tried the ARC4? is it any good?? my worries are that reading around see loads of posts saying that xbmc & android don't work that well together but then others say it does. I guess my main issue is buying the wrong box, so just like the above any advice is always welcome and gratefully received. Also looking at mag250 but will ppst about that in the mag section

Best of.... repositories for XBMC ( not for e2 )
    Please post/upload your favs there so we can build up a small list of the best,don´t forget to add a note as to why you consider the best/most essential ;) thanks

• Thanks for all your replies. I have decided to go for the Minix neo x8h. will feedback on this box to help others,once I know what im doing. on the flip side if anyone has used this and has advice please share

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!