Viasat 4.8e Signal Strength?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,139 times. The last Post () by dream500.

• Can someone tell me what signal strength they get for Viasat Xtra PL on 4.8e?

I get good signal on all major sats, but only 78% with BRE's for this.
    Maybe dish is too small?

• It depends alot, I think, on your receiver. I have my motor connected to my DM800 and get only 52% with ber's but I get perfect freeze or glitch free reception in all weathers. Mind you, I don't think you can rely on the 800's signal strength reading much.
    I'm in the West Mids with an 80cm dish btw.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• WOW! I'd have thought that reading would be wrong, as surely you can't get a signal lock at 52%?
    On my box I only ever get a signal lock at around 75%-80%.

I do get it glitch free for the majority of the time, but when it's really overcast and lashing down I dont get a lock.

I was wondering if a different LNB might help, but if noone gets great signal then I imagine not.

I've got 90cm in North West UK

• I get 78% on 90cm dish im in the nwest, but when its cloudy n pishes down i get picture break up

Mutz

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• To be honnest % don't mean too much, 50% on one stb with picture against another stb that needs 70% to get picture so hard to compare. Same stb's can be compared but that isn't that accurate either.

Something like I need 58% for picture and on this sat I get 78% is easier to compare.

:shamon:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!