thinking of add a usb free view tuner - will this solve my issue?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 534 times. The last Post () by shakin1234.

• hi all

i have been trying to get a resolution to the annoying problem, which is my wife recording crappy soaps and I'm having no free tuner left, obviously a divorce is the simplest option, but most likely the most expensive!

so i have an aerial in the loft, and when i moved in to this property i cannot get any picture out of any aerial sockets around the house. my guess here is either i need a new aerial to get the new digital free view, or whatever the aerial is connected to will need to be changed over to some sort of new digital distribution box. i will post a picture of said aerial over the weekend. but from memory the aerial connects to a black circular box that says lab gear on it and then that connects to distribution box.

anyway, back to my dilemma. if i can get free view sorted from this aerial, could i then connect it to a usb tuner to my duo (i have looked at flee bay item 290986118179, will this be ok) - my concern here is that i use cats eye channel listing, so how would the box & wife select her soaps, for then the duo to realise to record on the free view tuner so it would free up tuner 2, which is my motorised.

hopefully somebody else out there has had this issue and found a solution?

thanks in advance

Shakin

• Not too sure if this will be helpful but i have that usb tuner working on my solo2. I altered the bouquets to show my saorview channels in place of the autobouquet generated ones.
    When connected, it showed up as "tuner c, terestrial" which freed up both sat tuners.
    Running bh 2.1.0.1

• I have DTT volar black HD sticks in UNO + duo2 and absolutely no problems independently..
    Sometimes I use it in PIP mode and neither conflicts with the other...
    One thing to bear in mind is that when you change/update your channel settings( I also use catseye) from a ready made IPK
    you need to rescan the DTT( which I do in case there were any changes) because the new IPK will remove all previous stored channels,(sat,dtt,iptv,,,)

• dazzza19, you sir are a true gent!

i have just clicked that link, and a lightbulb turned on above my head. when i moved into this house, i turned off and unscrewed that box from the living room skirting. i will try and find it, although i might of thrown it out. otherwise £11 isn't going to break the bank, if it means i can get this working. i will report back.

thanks again

• the little white box on the beam looks like a distribution amp it needs to be powered usually a power supply will be in one of the rooms you have the aerial this is plugged in the mains and powers the amplifier enabling more than one set to use your aerial

http://www.screwfix.com/p/labg…mp-power-supply-12v/80459

i have definitely thrown that out lol - i am about to go and buy this to see if can get it all working. stupid question i know lol - do i need 1 of these for each tv i plug in?

cheers

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!