EMM card update with DM500S without card inside.

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,038 times. The last Post () by samot4.

• Dear Members!

I have a simple question. I have a card, a PC, card reader, and DM500S dreambox, running enigma, + OSCAM r9815 of course.

The question is:

Can I just have DM500 connected to the dish, receiving signal, but WITHOUT card, running oscam, to get the card updated in card reader connected to PC? If so, how can I do that?

SAT Dish ---> dreambox(oscam) <---lan--->PC(with card reader+card inserted here)

Thanks

• Haven´t heard of the type of setup before ,,
    you can configure a cline to pass on emms to another card but not sure without a first card in dm500 as you need the card to recieve the emms to pass on...
    wow .thats a long line to say something simple...
    why not just setup the card in the dm500 ???
    And please do the honours and pass by INTRODUCTIONS ..

• Sorry all, for not posting introduction first. I was bit sleepy yesterday, but i corrected it today. :) CAID is 0D97 provid is 4, and it's freesat/upc hungary. :)

I heard that its better idea to read card with pc+reader, more performance and more stable than DM500.. But correct me if I wrong.
    Isn't a bad idea to serve clients directly from DM500+oscam?

If it's a good idea to serve clients, then what I need to do, to enable AU with DM500S with card inside?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by mthqwork ().

• Running a dm500s to run a card is perfectly fine and in some cases its beneficial as those particular dm boxes have a fast card reader, but i would advise against using this box to serve your card if you have a perfectly fine tuned pc and card reader at your disposal as your box will see more reboots normally.

Just use Mgcamd on your dm500s to update your card that resides on your pc. Plenty of threads here to explain how thats done mate.

MK

If it's a good idea to serve clients,

Don´t you mean peers???
    I agree with meekat,,
    setting up a pc will give you more stability as opposed to the dm500s which will probably need rebooting at least once every 24 hours...

• Of course i mean peers, sorry :) I search for mgcamd then. Thanks for your answers :)

I looked for tutorials at mgcamd, but none of them says whats up without card inside DM500. Can You point me to a topic please? Maybe it will be useful to others too.

Thanks

Edited once, last by mthqwork ().

• No need for mgcamd.use oscam as server on pc and oscam as client on the box.Use cccam protokoll.
    In oscam user for the box on the server add
    au = name of your server reader

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!