Issue with Hd1 & motor over shooting the satellite

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,081 times. The last Post () by shakin1234.

• hi all

having a strange issue, where i have got it on latest vix image and latest cats eye listing from the linuxsat add-on, when i rebooted , the motor now goes passed the satellite by a far amount so doesn't lock on.

i have reflashed, tried different tuner, i am using usals.

do you think this is all of a sudden a box or motor problem, previously was working fine.

cheers

• Have you scanned In a satellite first when setting up your receiver??
    & then added Catseyes settings?

I always use dreamset at this point, which within catseyes settings then gives a needed satellite.xml file

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Thanks for the reply

I have never had to scan in a satellite before adding the catseye list

If I try to scan in a satellite, it won't lock on, because it goes passed the satellite by at least 10 fine movements to west from the postioner setup

I guess I could move the motor manually to 28.2east and then set the receiver to single satellite and then scan the channels in. Then I would change back to usuals to try to go to say 28.2 or 13 but I am sure it will not lock on, it will go passed where it should stop

Very odd

• ok, so i have fixed the issue, thought i would share the info, but it is very strange….

so no matter what i did or how many re-flashes i tried, the dish was shooting passed wherever it should of been. the dish has never moved and it is plumb straight. the only thing i did change was to the latest catseye settings. so, i decided to try vu solo with latest vix image, that i had on a static 28.2 setup, i had the latest 03-08-14 catseye installed, setup with same usuals in the tuner config and the same thing happened as the Venton, it over shoots by about 1cm at a guess.

so the only way i could sort, was to leave it where the motor finished off at say 28.2, then unscrew the dish and move it back about 1cm where it was then in-line, and then now i can get 100% of the sats as i could before.

very strange problem, which was not affected by images or hardware, so only thing was when i updated the channel lists, and on the venton, i did this through the linuxsat plugin, and on the solo i uploaded via dreambox edit.

very odd, but is working, and i thought i would let you all know.

cheers

• bit late now but why didn´t you try out another settings list apart from cats??? before having to get into checking dish etc ???
    It´sounds weird alright but not unique...
    By using Thor 0.8ºw as the most southerly sat then you know you are on the right track..
    remember there is a True north and a magnetic north with a difference of +/- 2.8º..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!