Spark VS Enigma2

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,639 times. The last Post () by Petruk.

• Hello,

I am not too fussed about 7 day EPG or PVRs capability of communicating with the aliens.

I want the following:

1: Dual Tuner as long it is a stable firmware
    2: Capability to record
    3: Full HD
    4: Supports MG****

In past I used Amiko ALien, and it was brilliant in Spark mode, until it broke down. The beauty of Spark was that it still supported emulators in the official mode, and did not needed to be flashed with open source f/w. But Spark is a closed ware, and I found it to be very stable.
    the E2 on Amiko was a nightmare, but Spark on Amiko was a treat. But offcourse Amiko is a different h/w altogether.

My mind is thinking about A new Spark based PVR VS Technomate Nano Super VS Vu Solo2+.

Please share if the Enigma 2 on TM and Vu are stable? How often they crash under normal usage, i.e. 8 hours of TV watching with 2 hours of "back ground recording".

I prefer to be non adventurous as I don't have time to experiment with images.

Please suggest lads.

Ta

Yeshu

8 hours of TV watching with 2 hours of "back ground recording".

I think in anyone´s language but that is way moer tv than most users would ever watch/listen to..then recording on top,,WOW.....

I prefer to be non adventurous as I don't have time to experiment with images.

Hey buddy, this is a hobbyist community,,,the fun is in experimenting,,not watching crap programming....
    you will be missing out on the best fun I can think of ( not really,lol)..

To help you decide and learn,,compare the images,plugins,queries,experimenting on e2 images compared to the nothing but problematic posts about spark stbs.....
    Don´t take this as negative criticism,, it´s constructive....

• As it´s for the wife ,I would suggest any e2 stb that can handle vix images as it seems to be very popular with "wives" ......
    As boxgott suggests ... vu+ all the way,,, it takes less time to setup than for herself to brew a pot of tea....
    they are rock solid and are capable of just about all methods of viewing these days ( using the right plugins)
    very wife and kids friendly to the point of boring for the rest of us who do like to experiment....
    Check out sponsor´s offers and also I think there may still be a small discount for lss users ( don´t quote me on that )

• Ta,

I am trying to understand that hardware of Nano2 SUPER and Vu+ solo2 are nearly identical. So why so much favour for the Vu?

thanks

• I have an opinion like this.
    In my city has a group of satellite hobby.
    Members are 12 persons.
    Sometimes we held a meeting and setting antenna together. All is free for our group. :14_002:

You can go to your neighbour to look that receiver do you want.
    If you can not. You can go outside your city.

Thank you. :scarf2:

Edited once, last by Petruk: Update ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!