Satellite Receiver

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,046 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• a satellite reciever will only pick up sat signals.. to be able to view ppvchannels you need to have a valid subscription card..
    there are enigma2 linux boxes with sat recievers that can handle a modified version of xbmc but its not the same as the full xbmc which we all enjoy..
    you need to start reading a lot in hte different sections buddy..
    Look in the plugins section for xbmc, also check out ts media center which is excellent..
    look at the sponsor´s offers for a decent box and if necessary start saving up for it,it will be worth the wait,,

• As we all know that HD channels cannot be encrypted anymore with em%%%tors.
    If some one invests in a Vu or any dearly priced PVR, will it be future proof?

Thanks

• I mean iv got a ***box F5s, But this is all new to me. I dont think eny of these new box will be good for my living room, The wife wouldent have a clue. Sorry about my spelling. lol

• lets go part by part...

As we all know that HD channels cannot be encrypted anymore with em%%%tors.
    If some one invests in a Vu or any dearly priced PVR, will it be future proof?

From what source did you get that false information from??
    Hd channels are bountiful and varied amongst platforms....
    why the obsession with future proof???? NOTHING is future proof ,not you ,not me,,no machine,,,,
    We are enjoying our hobby today so I dont see the need to look at the future..

I mean iv got a ***box F5s, But this is all new to me. I dont think eny of these new box will be good for my living room, The wife wouldent have a clue.

with no disrespect intended but an f5s is similar to a box I used 10 years ago.... useless for anything else apart from looking at rubbish tv programming...
    Once you go enigma2 you never go back... seriously ,, save up as much as the household permits while reading up and go for the best you can--
    you wont regret it and yes,,, vix do a great wife friendly image,,,

• Cazuela,

What I meant is that HD channels have been scrambled for good few months now on CS server.
    Many forums say that the current CS servers cannot crack the new encryption method.

That is what I meant by future proofing.

• Buddy ,open your horizons,,,,,,,
    you are probably referring to uk hd only which is only one of a possible 37 sats with multiple platforms hovering over Europe alone!!!!
    you are losing out if you dont get motorised!!!!!

• So do you think i should get a package deal then. I have about £400 to spend like. Witch box wood you recomend.

the stb ( box) is a personal choice..read the previous threads in this section to give you some ideas..
    the sponsor has some interesting offers too( check the lss users discount)
    basically you are looking for is a 110 dish,inverto black LNB, tm2600 motor super and a half decent enigma2 box..
    I don´t think this will fall inside your 400 budget... but as I say ,save up a little more on the side..
    ahhh and lastly what hasn´t been mentioned yet is the subscription card,,there are so many,,
    choose one that you would use yourself and can be "shareable" .....
    all of this info has been well documented over the years bud,,you just got to read up ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!