Amiko Alien 2+ vs Miraclebox Premium Twin

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,084 times. The last Post () by Fano.

• Looking for a box which does both sat and cable and was wondering how these two boxes compare with each other.

Also is the Miraclebox an enigma 2 box as I would prefer a box that runs enigma2.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Yes the miraclebox is a mips based enigma2 receiver, so enigma2 runs as it is supposed to, at present enigma2 runs poorly on sh4 boxes and even the images ATV are currently releasing for SH4 boxes are full of holes and poor hacks (in my opinion).

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Thanks for the heads up Phoenix, do you (or anybody else) have any opinion on how they compare?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Ive just sold my Amiko Alien 2
    And decided to keep my Dreambox 800se HD
    It was not a hard choice
    DM far better picture quality....plug n play tuners ive just switched out my sat for Cable.....internal HDD two USBs at the rear plus one at the front
    AA still after all this time as sound/picture issues and the channel change is so slow....and that silly way of flashing from the USB where you need to press the button on the front ??? and then youve got to find a patched image
    i know its got Spark but comeon who uses it and theres very little support
    imho

• Hmm not so sure about that .
    I have both an Alien 2 and a Dm800HD Se and I prefer the Alien 2 .
    The Alien 2 is a much faster receiver to boot,it has much more flash for plugins ,and the SD picture quality is much better than the 800se.
    The SH4 chipset handles sd pictures much better than mips .

I do like that the 800se has an internal hard drive ,which gives better performance and 2 usb drives on the back is good even if they are too close together to accomodate some devices.
    Alien 2 has 2 sat tuners and a cable/terrestrial tuner so no need for plug and play ,you can also record 2 channels and watch a third ,cant do that on the 800se.

Channel zapping is very fast on the Alien 2 ,I find the interface slightly faster than the 800se,primarily due to the faster cpu.
    I don't think the Alien 2 is a box openbox users and complete noobs would appreciate, I think it's a box that experienced sat box users who don't mind tinkering about would appreciate.

I've actually sold my Dm800HD ,its dog slow in comparison to the Alien 2 and the se will be next to go as I picked up an Alien 1 for 65 euro .

Edited once, last by Fano ().

• hi just read your 2 post,
    i have dm 800hd with last bh image 211 alls ok good picture sd hd and fast.

i do not recomend amiko alien triple turner , maybe single turner.

but if you read post in the forum lots of issues with amiko alien.

to be honest more expensive but not probleme go for vuplus .now solo 140 /150 pound

• hi just read your 2 post,
    i have dm 800hd with last bh image 211 alls ok good picture sd hd and fast.

Its a fine receiver the Dm800Hd but the main reason I sold mine was that it took ages to boot,almost 5 minutes .
    I had it in a bedroom and it just took too long to power up for a box that had little use.
    Openatv runs very well on it though.
    I used Blackhole Phoenix on it for a few years ,great image that .

i do not recomend amiko alien triple turner , maybe single turner.
    but if you read post in the forum lots of issues with amiko alien.

Alot of the issues with the Alien triple tuner were early on when Enigma 2 on it was in its infancy.
    It was very unstable.
    Enigma 2 has been stable on it though for over a year .
    Its every bit as stable as the Dm800 now.

• I have had both and found the Alien 2 to be the biggest crock of bollocks i have ever had te displeasure of owning. I am more than happy with my DM800Se boxes. The Alien 2 was a waste of time. Even my old nBox was better and that had an even lower spec than the Alien did.

I liked my nBox that much i went out and got another after the first packed up.

Don't get me started on the main reseller, he was worse than the box was, nothing but an arrogant twat who didn't like it when i ripped his precious box to bits. Mine lasted the grand total of 5 days before the HDMI port failed on it. Getting my money back was a right battle.

Nano

• I have had both and found the Alien 2 to be the biggest crock of bollocks i have ever had te displeasure of owning. I am more than happy with my DM800Se boxes. The Alien 2 was a waste of time. Even my old nBox was better and that had an even lower spec than the Alien did.

But you haven't had an Alien 2 since 2012 ,you sold it long before Enigma 2 reached maturity on it ,and by your own admission you only played with it for 8-10 hours if I recall correctly.
    It has been very stable for the last year .

The Dm800se was very unreliable in its early stages too ,green screens galore ,it took a long time for it to reach maturity .
    Would it be fair to call it a crock of bollocks based on those early days ??

There are alot of people who say that E2 on the Alien 2 is very stable now ,they have no reason to lie ,a lot of them are multiple receiver owners ,so they have a wide range of experience .
    I've had a host of receivers in my time and I'd rate the Alien 2 the best bang per buck.

Edited 2 times, last by Fano ().

• Just because i don't openly state what units i have used recently doesn't mean i havn't used them. I played with an Amiko Alien 2 a few weeks ago with the OpenATV E2 image and yes i still think its a crock of bollocks. Its slow and glitchy just as it was in 2012. The guy who owned it offered to me for £50 and i'm still unsure if i would bother even for that price.

I admit I only played with my original unit for a few hours as that was as long as i could before the pile of crap packed up. My nBox became available with E2 about the same time as the Alien 2 and to be honest i found it a much better box. The images on the nBox were released at about the same time as the Alien2 and they ran fine with very little glitching which speaks a thousand words against the Alien 2

The same was said about the Amiko SHD-8900 i had, that wasn't a bad box either. No idea what happened with the Alien 2 but it was a very glitchy box compared against the other SH4 boxes.

Nano

Edited 3 times, last by nano ().

• Official Post

Bought and sold an alien2 three times over the past few years, call it a love hate relationship. One thing is unchanged, spark is crap and always will be on that box.
    Not my personal choice but that leaves you with the miracle box....

• I have also nano, the general opinion is that other images are more stable than the Open ATV 4.2 one, other than that there are one or two addons that are available in SH4 versions that really should either pointed out as unstable or updates released.

I would not say they are the best or worst box around, but are by one the cheapest none clone on the market that offers a triple tuner on a e2 receiver. I did have a dm800 but only ran it for Sat purposes, but I did enjoy the receiver before I got my Duo, would be interesting to see how cable runs on a dm800.

BpGgW.jpg

• I have a spare Sunray SR4 tuner which i do use every now and then. The cable side works really well on the DM800Se but as there isn't much in the way of VM cards being shared its very hit and miss when it comes to clearing anything, althouh that would be the same with any box.

• I always wondered do you need to switch 'modes' on SR4 or can you just change channel, to change between the three tuners?

BpGgW.jpg

• Just because i don't openly state what units i have used recently doesn't mean i havn't used them. I played with an Amiko Alien 2 a few weeks ago with the OpenATV E2 image and yes i still think its a crock of bollocks. Its slow and glitchy just as it was in 2012. The guy who owned it offered to me for £50 and i'm still unsure if i would bother even for that price.

The OpenATV image for SH4 receivers is beta ,its only been out for less than 2 months.
    Its been developed on a different platform to other previous SH4 images .
    Its built with OE-A 2.2,has complete identical Linux and folder structure like all mipsel boxes
    ,online Update system via IPK like all mipsel Boxes and newer drivers with less e2 hacks.
    Its getting there but its still buggy .

Hyperion 4 is much more reliable at the moment but hopefully OpenATV will release a non beta image soon as it has great potential.

The same was said about the Amiko SHD-8900 i had, that wasn't a bad box either. No idea what happened with the Alien 2 but it was a very glitchy box compared against the other SH4 boxes.

I have both receivers running Hyperion 4 ,both work very well ,I dont see much performance difference between them being honest.
    General tv viewing and day to day operations are perfect ,never a green screen ,only odd time I may get one is for 1channel but thats notoriously unreliable on most receivers anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!