Low SNR, Missing Channels

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,190 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi all :)

I fitted a Vu+ Solo box (with ViX) for a friend this weekend, but it's given me trouble with low SNR and missing a load of channels. From memory, it did pick up *** Sports 5, Showcase and a load of others. SS1 - SS4 were all missing as well as all the rest of the movies channels..... An auto channel scan gets around 320 channels.

LMB is a quad with only one single feed being used.

SNR is reading only 30%. Tried tweaking the LMB position with no change

The dish was already in place, which I'm assuming is positioned correctly (looks pretty much identical to the neighbours and they've used *** in the past). As the Virgin engineers cut the feed, I've ran brand new coax and F connectors.

Could anyone help point me in the direction where I should be checking? Would poor cabling cause low SNR?

Thank you.

• Official Post

What size dish is your friend using, what is the geographic location ?

• 30% is nothing bud... most tuners will not open channels under 37 %...
    You should start from the channels list.. why not load a ready made list onto the box..
    then check all F connectors from box to lnb then check dish itself is in line ..
    if you can try the setup with another box then you can take it from there..

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!