DM800se crossepg FTA only

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,299 times. The last Post () by dak@uk.

• Hi all, i'm going round in circles with this one so if anyone can help I'd be grateful.

DM800se
    OpenPLi 4.0
    crossepg 0.8.1
    8gb usb key partitioned as /media/sda2 and /media/usb

crossepg configured to download from the opentv source for 28.2
    Scheduled Download > 'disabled'
    Force epg reload on boot as > 'no'

For some reason it is only showing epg data for the FTA channels.

If I delete the epg.dat from /media/usb on each reboot it is recreated

if I do a manual download it goes through the following actions (in less than 2 seconds)
    starting download
    starting converter
    loading data

can't for the life of me figure this out.

• EPG data is held in live memory so deleting the epg.dat file while enigma is running wont actually delete it, as you discovered it will be regenerated once you reboot. you must first kill enigma with a telnet session and the init 4 command before deleting the epg.dat file for it to be fully deleted.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• From telnet
    init 4 && rm /media/usb/epg.dat && reboot

enigma reboots and the epg is empty.

Setup > crossepg > OpenTV providers > *** Uk OpenTV (Astra on 28.2) ticked
    Yellow button to download

Still the process takes less than 2 seconds, and the epg is repopulated with FTA channel data.

Telnet back to box;
    find / -name epg.dat - no epg.dat found anywhere on the filesystem.

thoroughly confused

• you need to install the libcurl4 dependencies in order to run CrossEPG 0.8.1 on the Pli image as they do not by default include this, they updated to this version of CrossEPG from the OE-Alliance without bothering to also include the dependencies.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Cheers pheonix :)

I'd tried installing libcurl manually with the ipk but couldn't get it working.

installed it directly from the feed and it's sorted :)

• Hi ziggycat how do you install libcurl from feed? i have the same epg problem as you did, but dont understand install from feed, could you put step by step instrutions for noobs like me, Thanks in advance.

Cheers pheonix :)

I'd tried installing libcurl manually with the ipk but couldn't get it working.

installed it directly from the feed and it's sorted :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!