mag update problems

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,065 times. The last Post () by vee.84.

• Hi guys i have recently factory reset my mag 250 now when i try to update firmware its says signature failed cant find anything online on how to fix it and dont have a usb or pc available at the moment can anyone help ?

• Doubt if anyone can help you if you don´t have a pc or a portal to enter....
    Find somebody,family,friends, with a pc to reload the firmware backup that I imagine you have at hand...
    Also do yourself a favour and pass by introductions and read the rules before you post anymore...

• Thr mags up and running ok can enter the portals and settings its just failing when i try update the firmware can see the available upgrades just says signature failed when i try to update to the new firmware and dont have a usb to do the update that way will go to introductions now bud cheers

• So the obvious is to find a neighbour ,family ,friend who does have a pc and usb stick you can use for 10 minutes...
    BTW.. How do you manage to post on here without a pc or smartphone???

• I have a smartphone didnt think i could do it from that i was just thinking maybe there was a way to fix the failed signature problem

• Right downloaded latest firmware unzipped and put on a usb update failed signature fail still how do i fix this please do j try update with bootloader or will it still fail this has happened since i reset my box it was updating firmware ok

• From what I have read the signature you are missing is teh bootstrap which is from the vendor/portal..
    Although this manual is for the old 200, they all work on the same principle..

MAG-200 Operator Guide Rev 1.05
    so you need to contact whoever you bought it from and hope they can /will give you a soft to install..
    otherwise start learning about javascript..

• Hi thanks for your help i have no way of getting software from vendor the link you gave me doesnt work is this difficult to do seems like alot of effort just to update tje firmware was updating fine before i reset the box

• hi,is not this way to update firmwaire,

go menu, setting, scroll downt , go to inert menu, go seting , you find it mate on segond setting.

• Hi rami i have tried every way to update and i have automatic update on aswell im currently on 2.16.r5 but update always fails any other ideas mate realy cant work it out

• ok try this go seting server more

you shud have this on

bootsrap url igmp://224.50.0.50:9000

update url igmp://224.50.0.51:9001

only them 2 if is blanc add it and reboot

go to auto update the last version is 218

• I think the MAG250 has to be connected to the internet for box verification before the upgrade can be downloaded, then going into settings auto download can be checked.

• Yes normal have to be connected to internet for update

• Yes i have these settings the same aswell and always connected to internet via lan cable could it be anything in bios settings like should i be on nand 1 or 2 things like that ?

• please can someone help me here what do i need to do to fix this or can someone please show me where to go to get on the right track to sorting this out please

• Thanks rami but what is it i need to do create new image and flash it ? What do i need to do to fix the box works fine just cant update beyond 2.16r5

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!