DR HD-15 picture quality

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 816 times. The last Post () by stamfordblue.

• hello, i am thinkin of buying the DRHD-15 and i have read that the receiver has ("Upscale function for viewing of normal SD channels upscaled up to 1920x1080p") is that correct guys,because i am on s*y UK and the HD channels have gone awol, is the picture that good ! ! !,any opinions valued and appreciated

• they are a very good reciever mate and there is lots of support
    i have the same model and for me it's on a par with the tm 5402
    this is the spec of the box

Short specification:

3D ready
    HDTV: excellent HDTV picture
    DVB-S and DVB-S2 compatible
    Decoding of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 SD, MPEG-4 HD, H.264 AVC
    UPSCALE function for greater picture quality and viewing comfort of SD channels (special algorithm used)
    Supports 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
    HDMI output for best digital picture quality without any conversion loss
    PrPbY (CrCbY) component signal output for best picture quality
    PVR ready: recording and Timeshift functions (using SDHC card in card-reader and/or any USB-drive).
    Records can be played on PC without conversion.
    Ethernet port for connection to LAN and to remote servers and services via Internet for software upgrades,
    etc.
    Adjustable speed of RS-232 connection
    D.I.Y. dish installation: professional grade SPECTRUM ANALYZER embedded
    FFBSTM (Fully Functional Beep-Search) function for dish installation, in cases you don't see the TV, but
    you hear the sound
    Blind scan of any satellite is possible in SDand HD (together with Spectrum Analyzer that makes receiver
    HOT in professional DX communities)
    No need to buy CAM for most original cards. Possible to use up to 3 smartcards (2 card-readers + 1CAM) if
    required
    Smartcard channel zapping time is much better for some of the (via) providers: see and experience for
    yourself Self-protection intelligence systems and effective armor: has on-board protection against current
    short-circuit over-load in antenna cable (not a common function these days)
    USB 2.0 ports (3 of them: 2 at back side, 1 at front) for PVR functions, Media Files, etc)
    Media player features: playback of movies, music and pictures from external USB drive
    S/P DIF optical digital audio output
    DiSEqC 1.0,1.1 support for connection of up to 16...64 dishes
    DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS functions for motorized dish control
    Subtitles and teletext
    Parental control

• I have the Dr HD D15 receiver.The upscaling is ok but not great.It was one of the main reasons I bought the box.
    If you are watching an SD channel, I have found the best setting is 576p and not Auto.Putting it on 720p or 1080i or even 1080p just makes the picture look a bit blurry on SD channels.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!