how to install plugins to external hard drive

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,032 times. The last Post () by seanyboy81.

• Hi
    Wonder If anyone can help? I have a Dm500HD with external HD and was wondering if there`s a way to run my plugins from the external hd rather than the dreambox`s memory as the memory on the dreambox is getting full and is starting to crash sometimes

thanks

• thanks for ur mate

The image Im on is openpli 2.1 but think I need to update it not been updated for couple of years. I`ll check that plugin out does that help to free up memory? Is there a way to move everything from my dreamboxs memory over to the external Hd ?

• Ive downloaded it and sent to box via dcc ftp but its not showing up in plugins on my box? Is it somewhere else or am I doing something wrong? I know I need to update it just used to how my box works looks and dont want to lose my skin and setup if I update.I know how to save my channels with dreambox edit so thats not a problem.Ive always used openpli image is that best to use if I`m updating or is there a better one out there?

Thanks for your help!

• you´ve sent it over but have you installed it buddy then a full restart of box after??
    I imagine it would be in your plugins folder..

For a bit more into the flash memory.
    The plugin installed plugins shifts between Flash and USB stick (mount only / media / usb) and linked this.

Hopefully somebody who has used it will contribute to this thread too !!

• Thanks for the link for open pli Ive downloaded the latest image but Im having trouble flashing my box tryed dream up but could`nt get it to work and tryed flashing via browser but that said the image was and older version even know its the newest version?

• managed to reflash my box with openpli 4 still needing to find a solution to run my plugins from my external HD if psssible if anyone knows of a way to help?

Thanks

• I could`nt flash it with the browser cause every time I tryed it said I was trying to flash an older image. And deamup was`nt working on my computer but managed to get a driver from the dreambox website which made it work and flashed it and its working fine.I installed the pluginskinmover but didnt really do much couldnt move my plugins to my external drive. All Im wanting to do it move the plugin folder to my external hd so its not using my flash memory if possible? Read about mounting hard drives to dreambox but not sure if thats what I need to do?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!