Difference between OSCAM/CCCAM COMBO and Oscam,CCcam on Enigma box

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,287 times. The last Post () by esuo2.

• people use oscam to read their card and use cccam to send the info from card to their clients, so most people have oscam and cccam installed when they using box as a server, if u have a c line from someone u can just use cccam and put that line in the .cfg file or u can just have oscam installed and put the line i that, u just add a new reader and make sure you set the Protocol as cccam, to install in a box you need to say what type of box, but their are loads of backup images for enigma 1 & 2 boxes that already have oscam and cccam setup
    dreamuser

• people use oscam to read their card and use cccam to send the info from card to their clients, so most people have oscam and cccam installed when they using box as a server, if u have a c line from someone u can just use cccam and put that line in the .cfg file or u can just have oscam installed and put the line i that, u just add a new reader and make sure you set the Protocol as cccam, to install in a box you need to say what type of box, but their are loads of backup images for enigma 1 & 2 boxes that already have oscam and cccam setup
    dreamuser

Thanks dreamuser for the insightful post
    i know about the functions of the two
    but i wanted to know if there is a difference between the combo and installing oscam and cccam on ur box
    or let me put it this way,is it installing oscam seperately,and cccam seperately on the same box that we call combo?
    Thanks

• Official Post

or let me put it this way,is it installing oscam seperately,and cccam seperately on the same box that we call combo?
    Thanks

No, as a combo the softcam start/stop script has been modified to start both oscam then CCcam a few seconds apart.. If installing both separately you would need to start each individually.. Starting CCcam before oscam will cause problems as oscam is the card reader and CCcam will take over the device, stopping oscam from reading the card.. Thus the need for a start script that starts oscam, waits a few seconds then starts CCcam..

• No, as a combo the softcam start/stop script has been modified to start both oscam then CCcam a few seconds apart.. If installing both separately you would need to start each individually.. Starting CCcam before oscam will cause problems as oscam is the card reader and CCcam will take over the device, stopping oscam from reading the card.. Thus the need for a start script that starts oscam, waits a few seconds then starts CCcam..

Good explanation masterG
    So the deduction from the post is simple
    1.The type of script will tell if its combo..bcos it has to start oscam before CCcam
    2.It has nothing to do with any SPECIAL softcam called combo

Please can we see the two scripts just to compare and learn
    Thanks

:shake:

• Official Post

These example scripts are for blackhole image, it will also work on VTI.. Scripts can be found in different locations depending on image.. Use 7-Zip to extract an .ipk which will show you the scripts and location they should go on the receiver.. BlackHole - /usr/camscript/softcam.sh

Oscam standalone script:

Oscam and CCcam 2.1.3 combination script:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!