TM Nano 2 Nightly lock up!

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,400 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• I am running the latest VIX on the Nano 2 Super. Everything is fine except every few hours the receiver locks up whilst viewing. The telly goes black without warning and the only way out is to power down the receiver and restart.

I've turned the cooling fan up to maximum in case it was an overheating issue. I've installed a new router in case it was a glitch via the LAN. But it's still happening. Nothing touched, only viewing regular TV, nobody else in the house. I turn it back on and it's fine for a couple more hours.

It seems to happen about once per nights viewing of about 3 or 4 hours. A few times it's happened twice.

It's a bit baffling, and a real pain in the arse! Any suggestions gratefully received.

• The receiver locked up again last night after about 2hours. But not tonight.
    Could it possibly be a grounding issue - i.e. static build up? I am in Spain an it's been very hot and dry. I might try running a ground wire to the receiver. I'm clutching at straws, but I feel it's got to be something small or it would happen more often.

• Sudden lock-up continues. I've been pursuing crash logs but I've found they're not being created. Maybe because this is not really a crash, more like a sudden power surge. I've turned on de-bug logs and they are saved after each lock-up but they're all a bit over my head. Next few times it occurs I'll save the logs. Is someone out there able to dissect them, or should I just send them to VIX Team?

• send the logs from a vix image to the vix team so they can study it..
    As for the power surges,, yes this is very probable, here they are called "picos de tension" which are very normal..lol
    A way around this is to buy yourself a "regleta de tensión" where you can plug everything incl. telephone,etc...
    Have you got another box to test with ?
    Have you tried reinstalling the image ?? could be a simple case of a cron job running in the background,,logs should reveal this.

• Official Post

Other than saying that it locks up, you've not really given much to go on.

Any particular channel or varies?
    Which cam and version?
    What other plugins?
    Anything set to run overnight?
    What EPG settings/download settings have you got?

Some reported issue with the TM (7335) receivers locking up were as below. Possible that they have also been repeated in the 7356 range
    Locking up while watching Bein Sports on 7W for some time. (As reported by CG121, never acknowledged by TM)
    Debug logs causing the receiver to lock up when using internal memory. (They have stopped logs from writing to normal location on the 4D images)

The logs should be saved to /home/root/logs and should still be there.

• send the logs from a vix image to the vix team so they can study it..
    As for the power surges,, yes this is very probable, here they are called "picos de tension" which are very normal..lol
    A way around this is to buy yourself a "regleta de tensión" where you can plug everything incl. telephone,etc...
    Have you got another box to test with ?
    Have you tried reinstalling the image ?? could be a simple case of a cron job running in the background,,logs should reveal this.

I was assuming power surges were not the likely cause because I have all my AV kit running via a UPS which I think is stabilized and plus the STB also uses a 12V transformer. I've not had any similar problems before. My TM600 ran for several years without problem and the Nano was a direct swap.

• To be honest there's nothing very complicated within my set-up. It's a new device so I've not done too much with it. No special Plug-ins or EPG's. I've got CCCam running, but it's not being used at the moment. Basically I'll be watching a BBC or ITV channel (FTA) without changing (maybe a movie) and it suddenly goes black. Then the STB won't respond and I need to power down and reboot.
    I've tried the TELNET command df -h before restarting and all the memory areas looked fine. Nothing over 30%. I've also deactivated my Server mounts and it's happened since.
    I've been checking out the debug-logs, but it doesn't seem to be 'crashing' so no crash-logs. Just locking up. (When I have crashed previously, I get on-screen crash errors first, and then there is a log saved.)

The debug-logs are all different but near the end they all include:

[SoftcamManager] CCcam.2.2.1 already running
    [SoftcamManager] Telnet info not allowed, can not check if frozen
    job Components.Task.Job name=SoftcamCheck #tasks=1 completed with [] in None

May be important, Idon't know?

• Speak to your retailer. Must be a hardware issue.

I think it's fixed, and you were right abu baniaz. I was assuming a software problem, but got to thinking it wasn't "crashing" which would normally happen with a software error, so what about the hardware.

I live in Spain and bought the box from UK, so a real pain and expense to try and exchange it. So I stripped it down myself. Sounds drastic I know, but with such a 'minor' problem I was guessing a poor connection rather than a bad component would be the culprit. There were several ribbon-type connectors. I carefully unscrewed, unplugged, disassembled and inspected everything. I checked the main board on both sides for dodgy joints. Finally, I very carefully reassembled.

Believe it or not it hasn't locked up since! It's been a week now, and it was going off every night before that.
    I've done similar in the past with TV's. I'm no electronics expert, but ironically very often hardware problems tend to be 'mechanical' things like connectors and dirt!
    :47_002:

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!