wireless lan problems

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 541 times. The last Post () by ade1970.

• so moved house and switched from wired to wireless. Friend in same house let me use their wifi via VM, all was running fine till last week then did a restart for something and lost server connection. started 2.30, moved to 2.09 and 2.21 i'm going to try next. All appear as red light instead of green under blue button-caminfo-servers .....i have tried manually configuring with the ssid and wpa key, set to dhcp and the nameserver as 192.168.0.1 .......as a precaution, i tried the wireless with my giffgaff access point and bingo, it worked, wireless working again, still not connecting to VM wifi but connecting to giffgaff/o2 and for the purposes of everything else so far so good...but alas...still no connection to server...light is red and have read that the o2/giffgaff public ip address has to be converted from nat to pat! ....so you see, one very fried and frustrated brain!!
    any help on networking, pointers, ways around the o2/giffgaff server public problem best as i have unlimited...but really still puzzled also at the virginMedia wifi ..i did notice the rate had dropped from like 75 mbps to 22.5 mbps..does that mean anything??? :20_003:
    ps friend not pc friendly, was thinking maybe try a homeplug on the virgin wifi...

ZGEMMA H7S, 2TB TOSHIBA HDD, 1.1M TRIAX, DARK MOTOR H-H USALS, 80CM TRIAX + 6 DEG MONOBLOCK LNB 19.2E + 13E.

PURE2 CORE 6.5-001, GLAMOURAURAFHD SKIN. PEMBO'S E2STREAM SIDELOADED ON SAMSUNG H SERIES TV.

• sorted!...the virgin hub needed a full reboot as dhcp just wasnt dishing out the ip addys...funny how of all the wifi things, streamers, 2 tv's, laptops etc, that it was just the vu duo2 that would not connect...anyways thx for looking..hope this helps someone else! :)

ZGEMMA H7S, 2TB TOSHIBA HDD, 1.1M TRIAX, DARK MOTOR H-H USALS, 80CM TRIAX + 6 DEG MONOBLOCK LNB 19.2E + 13E.

PURE2 CORE 6.5-001, GLAMOURAURAFHD SKIN. PEMBO'S E2STREAM SIDELOADED ON SAMSUNG H SERIES TV.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!