new to dm

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 708 times. The last Post () by steve67474.

• hi im new to the dreambox i purchased one off ebay about 6 weeks ago at the time i didnt know about originals and clones anyway i think ive ended up with a clone it was already loaded with 28e boquets though not all the chans work ive tried rescaning the sat but it just crashes with the message saying dreambox encounted a software problem and will now reboot ive tried several times but same result ive done some reading up on the net and i know my sim is 2.01 and the bootloader is #69 i think i need to update the image but ive read some imges can kill your box so any help on what i could do to update would be most appreciated its got gemini on it at the moment

• Hi,
    If you look at the dm800 clone images on this forum there are lots there but there is a rami mahar sim 2.01 ssl82 image that you could use but images are a personal choice. You just need to be sure its a clone and if it is then if its sim 2.01 then use a ssl 82 image to flash with. Search on this forum for flashing a dm800 its easy enough to do. I would do lots of reading and download a few tools you will soon get the hang of it. Regarding killing box as long as you have the correct image you should be ok so sim 2.01 is the key.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!