vu+ Solo2 or Technomate Nano 2 Super?

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,370 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hey Guys,

I am stuck between the Solo 2 or the Technomate Nano Super 2 There is a price difference of almost £80.00

I really need to know which one has the more reliable, sensitive tuner as previously I had a miraclebox and I was not happy with the tuner, it was weak.

Also is the Solo 2 actually dual core ? Everywhere I look it just says powerfull 1300 mhz mips processsor but doesn't say dual core , even on the vu website.

Many Thanks.

• Hi mkohman, I own a VU+Solo2 for the past 18 months and very glad I bought it. Yes the VU+Solo2 has 1.3 GHz Dual Core CPU, Twin DVB-S2 Tuners, Dolby Digital + and DTS supported. I used to have, a Technomate, (now stored in the loft) and come over to Enigma 2. My personal opinion, buy the VU.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Hi mkohman, I own a y VU+Solo2 for the past 18 months and very glad I bought it. Yes the VU+Solo2 has 1.3 GHz Dual Core CPU, Twin DVB-S2 Tuners, Dolby Digital + and DTS supported. I used to have, a Technomate, (now stored in the loft) and come over to Enigma 2. My personal opinion, buy the VU.

Thank you for your prompt response. What'sthe tuners like on the ssolo2? Are they sensitive as in good signal etc?

Also which image are you using.? Vix or blackhole?

Many thanks

• Because I only have a single output lnb, I have configured my tuners to: 'A' for all satellites and 'B' Loop through to 'A'. Don't forget I have a 1.2 CM Motorised Dish, so my signal on 28.2 is between 80-100%, all according to what particular channel I am watching. There is not much degradation on the other sats I have locked onto, 23.5E, 19.2E, 16E, 13E, 4.8E and 0.8W. I would say the tuners are very sensitive. I am using the latest Open VIX. I have tried most of the others but the way Vix works keeps my better half happy.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Guys, how do you loop? Is there a specific way or cable I need to get? Is this for watching one channel and recording another? Many Thanks

• You should connect cable to tuner B. There is an issue with looping from A to B. B to A is fine.

If as you say there is an issue? I have had mine connected this way since new. What is this issue?? Please explain. When I want to see another program from another satellite, (from any satellite to any other), I go into the satellites respective Bouquet and press OK for whatever channel, and my dish moves to the channel on that satellite and 'hey presto' I can view it.

I completely agree with kevin1, but my dish is 20 metres away in the back garden and the cable going to the dish and motor is under ground through 1.5" pipe and sealed both ends, and its been there since 1990. Hence the single lnb.

Edited 2 times, last by ampedef ().

• ok thanks. so I connect the lnb cable to tuner b. but is there a setting which I must enable within the menu? thanks

Can I come back in here? If you download VIX Manual Vs 1.1 (remember this is based on the VIX Image) all will be revealed. You might have to do a search for it. How to setup your tuners, auto bouquet maker, a/v, channel settings etc. I found this manual a great help when changing from Blackhole back to Vix. It has all the information in it, in fact I wouldn't be without it now.

Good luck, and if you do get stuck there is always someone here to help.

Edited 2 times, last by ampedef ().

• Official Post

ok thanks. so I connect the lnb cable to tuner b. but is there a setting which I must enable within the menu? thanks

Golden rule is that your tuner configurations (plural) must match what is connected to the tuners.

If you don't want the benefit of using internal loop through, the tuner with nothing connected to it must be set as "not configured".

• I'm going to close this thread now, originally it was asking the question "vu+ Solo2 or Technomate Nano 2 Super?"

It has now moved onto tuner configuration support........ we have a section for this here: Tuner Support where you will find the answer to your question....

@ mkohman, as you have made you decision about which receiver to buy hope you understand why this thread is now being closed....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!