Vu+ Duo Info

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 673 times. The last Post () by philjg66.

• Hi,
    I just bought a Vu+ Duo which has OpenVIX installed.
    I basically need to now a few things about configuring this box for a friend.
    I particularly need to know how to add a CCcam line.
    I've also just installed a 250GB HDD and need to now format type and whether to set it as master HDD.:59:

Any help would be much appreciated.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Official Post

Two ways you can do this:

1. Install CCcam from the vix addons feed. Paste C line into CCcam.cfg with notepadd++ and save. FTP to /etc folder with dreambox control center.

2. Install our addons panel and download CCcam from there => [DOWNLOAD] Linuxsat-Support-Addons . FTP ipk to /tmp folder > blue button > ViX > Install local extension > follow on screen instruction > restart enigma2.

The CCcam.cfg will already be in /etc folder, so follow the below guide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ujyCfsbrW34

• I've also just installed a 250GB HDD and need to now format type and whether to set it as master HDD.:59:

You can initialize the HDD by going to menu/setup/system/storage devices/initialization..... when you have completed this do a full restart of the duo. ViX will automount the HDD for you.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks master G:thumb:
    Can I just use my CCcam.cfg or should I add the info to the one you gave me.:59:

- - - Updated - - -

You can initialize the HDD by going to menu/setup/system/storage devices/initialization..... when you have completed this do a full restart of the duo. ViX will automount the HDD for you.

Thanks mckee25
    I managed to do that through TSPanel 7.2
    Now I need to get a 7 day or longer EPG:06:

• It is always better to use the image it self to format / initialize the HDD than a thirdparty plugin such as TSpanel, which incidentally is a known cause of mount point failures on HDD's in the ViX image and all other Pli based images. The image will format the HDD to the linux EXT4 format and create all the nessecary file structures specifically needed for it's proper use in the image.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• If you are confident enough to reflash the receiver then I would say yes, that would be the best way forward, as for Image choice, thats something only you can decide, try a few and see which you like best. I would say ViX but then again I am bias towards ViX so I won't recommend any image.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• As its not for me, I don't want to spend too much time on it.
    I've sorted everything I needed to, so once again

:bravo::bravo::bravo::scarf2:

Edited once, last by philjg66 ().

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!