Solo 2 adding a cable tuner?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,159 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi guys,
    I have been looking to add a cable tuner to my solo 2. I have read that you can get USB cable tuners but are unreliable? (Can't source a supplier either)

Looking at the box itself there doesn't seen to be a slot to add a tuner. So would use be the only way?

Cheers for any help

• Thanks a lot McKee, I am wondering tho. Does anyone know if it's possible to run both sat & cable simultaneously. Or would the cable tuner make the sat tuners redundant?

• Never tried this sort of setup myself bud tbh..... but they should be able to work side by side..... best of both worlds.

I think from memory codar may have a similar setup to what your looking to do, send him a pm...... won't do any harm to ask.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Yes you can in single channel list can add terrestial or cable channels. Add a bouqet name it as you want dowloand channels t or c and copy them to that bouqet.
    I use duo2 3rd dvb c/t tuner like this

Does anyone know if it's possible to run both sat & cable simultaneously. Or would the cable tuner make the sat tuners redundant?

Hi brendan,
    I have a usb dvb-t connected to my solo2 and it sees it as just an extra tuner (tuner-c)
    It can be configured to use it as dvb-t or dvb-c.
    I use it to pick up saorview and it does work side by side with the sat tuners, epg etc.
    Dunno if the dvb-c side of things are any different (shouldn't think so but then again, not able to test as i don't have access to cable)
    I am running bh 2.0.9 though as the newer kernel bh images will not recognise it and tried all drivers from addons panel to no avail , although it is a cheap one from flea bay.
    Never had a problem with it to be honest.

• I also have one on my solo2,its a sundtek dvbt/c tuner.
    Im here in Ireland and can 100% confirm that it works on saorview,cable and mmds.
    Theres a sundtek tuner plugin available for E2 boxes...i think i got it on here?
    You can watch cable tv and record sat tv no probs.The tuner is a little expensive tho but well worth it,saved me buying a Duo2
    Freck

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!