vu+ control center issue

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 945 times. The last Post () by gemini man.

• Hi there this is my first post. I have just received my vu solo 2 box with BH image installed from wos. I'm having problems connecting my box via IP to vu control center. I have input my ip address, root, blank password, 80,21,23 then connect. The following message comes up- Access violation at adress!!!
    I then carried out a network test on LAN connection where all boxes came back with a green tick. I've tried the above with various versions of control center but have had no success. Can anyone please point me in the correct direction???

Thanks in advance.

• if your box has no password you dont have to enter it in vucc , for example blackhole image has no password by default so then password in vucc would be blank .however if you recieved the box with blackhole installed it may be possible that the installer set a password , especially if the box came with a gift , if so contact the supplier about the password .

double check in network setup that the ip you entered in vucc is the correct ip of your box .

• if your box has no password you dont have to enter it in vucc , for example blackhole image has no password by default so then password in vucc would be blank .however if you recieved the box with blackhole installed it may be possible that the installer set a password , especially if the box came with a gift , if so contact the supplier about the password .

double check in network setup that the ip you entered in vucc is the correct ip of your box .

You haven´t read the first post properly.
    The STB was purchased from our sponsor: WOS. so not a chance of any "gift" from some dodgy fleabayer..
    If all network is showing green then it has DHCP on..
    I suggest untick this on the stb then manually assign an IP, i.e: 192.168.1.110
    restart the STB.
    then set this same IP in VUCC and it will connect.
    to change password:
    In telnet type passwd press return
    enter required password press return
    enter required password again press return
    password now set.
    reastart stb.
    The only port that needs to be opened in router is whichever you assign to the STB to communicate out to your peers.
    Get reading...

• hi cazuela i read the post properly , but i have no idea what the forum sponsor does or does not provide or do with the box . thats the reason i posted what i did , i was saying the sponsor may have set a password on the box as a means for the poster to go and check that out and either confirm that or to rule it out as being the problem , thats all . after all some box problems can have multiple possible causes , and finding the cause is often a matter of ruling out potential problem causes one by one . talk soon

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!