A little help??

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 626 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hi guys. I was considering getting a cable tuner for my solo2 but has scrapped that idea.

I am wondering if the app "slingplayer" or an equivalent is available as a plugin for enigma 2?

Long story short..... My folks have VM. I have a sling box and want to stream, I will purchase a second box and stream my official sly multi room to them in return. There's also the added bonus of possible shares for US packages etc.

Obviously I want to keep the cost down, and make use of the box I use the most (solo2)

Is this possible? Really don't like the look of WDTV etc..... And don't want the hassle of added wires using a second hdmi port etc etc

• the equivalent of slingplayer for e2 would probably be IPTV player..
    You could set up your own server ( intial setup is ardous) and send streams to them but then they need either an android box or e2 box to recieve...
    Solo2 doesn´t have plugnplay tuners so any cable tuner would have to be through usb..

• I dont really see the point of wanting to stream vm to your self there is less than whats on sly and it wont be hd anyway if thats the reason there is no e2 app i think the best output youll get is off a pc via hdmi out but still not hd but better than sd /sort of , only worth doing this for foreign subs really /just my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

There is an android app you might be able to install on a cheaper android box just a thought

• Cheers guys. I have just been reading up on the slingbox and didn't realize there were SD. Nevermind. Not that fussed about VM to be honest. The awful truth of it is solely to get the walking dead a whole 24hrs earlier haha. If I had something set up I could have watched it last night. But tonight when it airs on fox I will be in work (nights this week) sad I know. Would have been better to use my solo. Can't justify paying for a box.....

The search continues :)

• They stream pretty high bitrate mine averages 8000kbps and its better than sd but not hd even the one i have the pro hd is as hd as a webrip in hd , but handy for me at my work to watch on my phone sly go doesnt have boxnation etc on it , best just give you folks the multiroom box that saves £170 for the cost of a slingbox a dish is just £20 if they dont have one

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!