vu+ultimo and wireless N dongle

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,294 times. The last Post () by billy thekid.

• hi guys ive heard that the edimax EW-7722UTn 300Mbps wifi dingle works..trying to set it up on my vu+ultimo woth bh 2.1.2 latest image, i cant get the box to see it...any drivers need or are preinstalled in image or where to get them from ? ta

- - - Updated - - -

anyone got an ideas how i can add linux drivers to this box

• When using a wireless dongle I have always used the network wizard to set it up....

menu/setup/system/network/networkwizard

Also usually takes a full restart of the box after plugging in the dongle to get it to recognize it.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• i plugged the dongle in the usb at the back , turned off the ultimo from switch at back after powering down, restarted ultimo , done the above but doesnt see it....does blackhole have any drivers installed ?o r possible to download from some feed ?

- - - Updated - - -

looks like ill be investing in the official vu wireless usb adaptor....shame really as i was hoping this would have done it, read a list somewhere that it works but need its a bit more the a simple plug n play...lol

• ok i did get this to work but very buggy, im hinking of getting an official vu+300mbswireless dongle ....are these reliable or am i wasting money?...and im a black hole image fan lol

• yes i was looking at that, think ill order one, hard wiring my ultimo is a little difficult now as i have moved it elsewhere only option was this dongle...cheers will report back once i get it up and running...ta

• Have you considered using a couple of Home Plugs?

I used to use a 150mbps wifi dongle on my Vu Duo but found a couple of 200mbps Home Plugs to be much more reliable, especially as I was streaming a lot of HD video files from another PC on my LAN

• well ive got my vu+ usb dongle today set it up , all working but im getting constant glitching and picture freezing on all channels, never had this problem when i was hard wired via ethernet cable..wireless router is in the bedroom below, so its a not a range issue...i will try and going back to ethernet cable plugged in directly as i have a long cable handy and see if proble persists...will report back

• Bit of a long shot, but if you really do want to persist with wireless, it might be worth changing the channel that your router is broadcasting it's wireless network on.

I tend to find channels 1, 7 or 11 to be the best, but you may have different results

• hard wiring would mean drilling through walls...ethernet plugs..option but ive got the dongle so im gonna persist with that for the time being..my wireless router is set on a different channel compared to existing wifis areound me...anyway ive hard wired it and no problems whatsover, use the wifi dongle and glitching and freezing....bah humbug!

• just an update - got ot working, had an additional usb stick for picons and epg in one of the rear usb ports, removed that and inserted vu dongle,working fine so far no freezing glitches etc....remformasttted usb stick for picons and epg...mounted it and thats working fine ....all is good now..:thumb::thumb:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!