Vix and/or Catseyesetting issues

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,808 times. The last Post () by catseye.

• Im having issues with the channel lists of late im sure vix is the issue rather than catseyes but not sure , of late when I load catseyes via dreamset it works as normal but when i then do a scan with autobouquet maker it wipes catseyes out even if i have keep all bouquets set , anyone else go this going on ?

:doubt:

• Far from convinced about that buddy as OpenATV has no problems with these settings, also worth pointing out this only started when catseye added the highlighted below parts in his great settings.

linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/28789/

sorry but thats a total load of bollocks. go back through my posts and you will see that I stated well over a year ago that Catseyes settings do not work properly with ABM in ViX due to the none standard satellites.xml file he uses. This has been reported multiple times on multiple forums and to the author his self but he's not interested in fixing it.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• sorry but thats a total load of bollocks. go back through my posts and you will see that I stated well over a year ago that Catseyes settings do not work properly with ABM in ViX due to the none standard satellites.xml file he uses. This has been reported multiple times on multiple forums and to the author his self but he's not interested in fixing it.

Your quite wrong about me talking bollox was always fine loading catseyes then running ABM and asking to keep all bouquets up until this split in vix with the vix hd PISH now thats a load of bollox that is total rubbish , its like using a youview box

• Your quite wrong about me talking bollox was always fine loading catseyes then running ABM and asking to keep all bouquets up until this split in vix with the vix hd PISH now thats a load of bollox that is total rubbish , its like using a youview box

you need to put on your glasses bub, I was not even quoting your post so climb down from that high horse before you fall off and hit your self in the face with your arse. I was saying that ten's assumption that we have some how snaffled catseyes settings from working on ViX just because he decided to hide advertisements in his settings was a load of bollocks, we simply removed his settings from our feeds nothing more.

Catseyes settings have always been a issue with ABM in ViX because he uses a few none standard satellite positions in his .xml file which dont tally up with ABM or used to maybe he fixed that issue, you tell me since your the expert !!.

I made a post about just this nearly six months ago here http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=63681&p=214248&viewfull=1#post214248 and I know I made others well over a year ago too, although they may be on our forum and not here.

Another problem is that people still continue to transfer the satellites.xml file to the tuxbox folder overwriting the default system file instead of placing it in /etc/enigma2/ where it should go, allowing the image to read it as a custom file instead.

Edited 2 times, last by pheonix ().

Another problem is that people still continue to transfer the satellites.xml file to the tuxbox folder overwriting the default system file instead of placing it in /etc/enigma2/ where it should go, allowing the image to read it as a custom file instead.

Will keep that in mind for next ipks, uploads to panel ,thanks....
    You have all been on the net long enough to know which use of language to use and not...
    Please be patient with others´points of view, whether or not it is educated or not..

• I am going to the right folder , all as i did before only when apollo got to about into the 8o"s did this start sure it was about 87 or 88 ,if i flash the box back to earlier with a fresh image and load catseyes then scan abm its fine with the same catseyes file ,so hence my comments my appollogy but youll understand he frustration now hehe, you still get all the channels if you go to satellites then services and go along 13e thru all the channels whats a pain as its alphabetical sct is up the end and redlight is a bit away from that then you got to find private tv then french lover its a nightmare and all using one hand aswell , a multiasking ham shank ffs

• I am going to the right folder , all as i did before only when apollo got to about into the 8o"s did this start sure it was about 87 or 88 ,if i flash the box back to earlier with a fresh image and load catseyes then scan abm its fine with the same catseyes file ,so hence my comments my appollogy but youll understand he frustration now hehe, you still get all the channels if you go to satellites then services and go along 13e thru all the channels whats a pain as its alphabetical sct is up the end and redlight is a bit away from that then you got to find private tv then french lover its a nightmare and all using one hand aswell , a multiasking ham shank ffs

It's very possible that a new issue has crept in between the settings and ABM as I dont use his settings, I personally find them over bloated and well out of date. I also apologize for my rant earlier, It just gets tiring when people sprout off with these conspiracy theories that have absolutely no base what so ever in fact, for their own reasons what ever they may be (and no I am not talking about you here).

• No worries m8 winding you up now and then is part of being a linuxsat member its the initiation ,,,,, only cos your sure to bite :laugh: , have a look and see im sure its a new issue but ive no time to look into it thought i might have stumbled on a known issue i didnt know about , im busy with trying to get round card issues or id go further into it

:red:

To access the adult channels on 13 East
    Using favourites just zap to Hotbird Adult SD/HD & you'll find all you need listed there

• Official Post

The matter needs to be investigated...

Anyway, just for clarification:
    The list of satellites in the satellite.xml affects what satellite are available to the user.
    The list of transponders in the satellites.xml affects what frequencies E2 scans during a normal scan.

These are not used for blind scans. ABM, AB 28.2, AB N1, AB E1 also do not use these values as they are not normal E2/E1/Neutrino scans.

For tuning, only the lamedb file is used.

@TenBelow
    Which build of OpenATV are you using?

• To access the adult channels on 13 East
    Using favourites just zap to Hotbird Adult SD/HD & you'll find all you need listed there

Lol that was a wind up but the bouquet is no longet there once ABM has been run it only shows what you have scanned unless you press for satellites the go to 13e then ask for services something to do with the image it has to be because the only satellites.xml issue i ever had was pointed out to you ages ago but i still had the bouquets if it was the xml id have dish issues or greyed channels

• Official Post

Ten Below
    Did you transfer with Dreamset or dreamboxedit on OpenATV? If DBedit, did you save first then transfer?

In /etc/enigma2/bouquets.tv are the entries for Catseye's ones

#SERVICE: 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:userbouquet.ED07.tv
    or
    #SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.ED07.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

stevejo, can you put enigma to sleep first and replace the bouquets.tv file with the attached. Run ABM after restarting.

Need to confirm somthing. Thanks in advance.

• sorry but thats a total load of bollocks. go back through my posts and you will see that I stated well over a year ago that Catseyes settings do not work properly with ABM in ViX due to the none standard satellites.xml file he uses. This has been reported multiple times on multiple forums and to the author his self but he's not interested in fixing it.

Does this mean an apology will be following?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!