Which box?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,188 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hey guys, now that I know my VU+ Uno has a fault I'm on the hunt for a new receiver. I'm not worried about having loads of plugins, HBBtv and all that jazz. Just a good Enigma 2 box which has the basics like Cross EPG and able to change skins etc. I don't record as much as I used too so not worried about an internal HDD as I just pause and play the odd time and a usb drive would do the job. I'm not worried about having a twin tuner either as I just use a single lnb and watch pretty much whats on at the time.
    I was going to stick with the VU+ boxes as I know my way around these and it would save me having to map my way around a different brand box.

I was thinking about a VU+ Solo or Vu+ Solo SE and wondering would there be a massive difference performance wise between these receivers?

Cheers

If you are confused then you probably know what's going on!

• Just checked and the Vu+ Solo SE is out the window as it doesn't have an RF out or a Scart so I can connect it into my bedroom like I have my Uno box connected using the IR extenders and Scart to RF convertor:( Forgot to mention that bit:(

• Cheers mate, just checked the modulator to see if it had the rca out plugs on it and it does so as you say an rca cable from receiver to modulator would do the job...nice one.

I'll just go ahead and shop around and order a Vu+ Solo SE. Just need to make sure it's a genuine one as I've seen a lot of the clone boxes around.

• Cheers my friend but I think the VU+ Duo 2 is a bit out of my price range for all I need it for. I'll just go for the Solo SE, that should do my job and I'll give the VU+ Uno to my daughter and she can use it in her bedroom. It will save me buying another one for her as she's not to worried about the fault it's got as this doesn't affect the normal viewing of channels.

• No worries bro, I ordered a VU+ Solo SE from them earlier, was just waiting on the discount code:)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!