MGCamd not detected!

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,124 times. The last Post () by Rayne.

• Hi All,

I've got a TM Nano 2t. It's using a Vix Apollo 90 image.

I've downloaded and flashed with MGcamd IPK (tried both mgcamd 1.38 & 1.38c). The installation appears to go well; however when I go to "Menu>Setup>Softcam/ CI>Softcam manager" there is nothing there - so I am unable to start mgcamd.

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

The 4d image comes with mgcamd - so would it be better to just use that?

Any help massively appreciated!

• That's where I've been downloading it from. I've used both:

enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk
    enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd-1.38c_openvix_all.ipk

But neither seem to work...i'm assuming I'm using the wrong one?

• Thanks - but unfortunately that hasn't worked either. I tried both 1.35a and 1.38c.

I've tried the feed/plugin menu but it's unstable. I allowed unstable environments; but nothing downloading there.

Sorry - I'm new to linux boxes so not sure if i'm doing something obviously wrong..!!

• I am unsure about coming in here but ... reading the original post I see "I've downloaded and flashed with MGcamd IPK (tried both mgcamd 1.38 & 1.38c). The installation appears to go well;. This doesn't convince me that the downloaded .ipk file has been installed in Vix via Blue Button/Vix/Install local extension. Perhaps the OP could confirm that having downloaded the .ipk file, he has ftp'd it to var/tmp and the subsequent installion has been done?

• Vix does not require a camscript so just extract the attached file then ftp it to /usr/softcams/ & chmod(set permissions) to 755.
    You can use the configs master G attached to post #4.

Not sure how to "set permissions to 755"?

Quote from master G

Install either ipk and restart enigma2, then copy the CWS = line into newcamd.list and save, mg_cfg is already edited for this image. Config files should be in /usr/keys folder.. Start mgcamd in softcam manager (blue button)... That`s all there is too it buddy..

This is exactly what i've done. Installed IPK, FTP'd newcamd.list to /usr/keys and restarted enigma2. But when I go in to the softcam manager all I get is an empty box with the words "Active: " and "Select: "...there aren't any options to get mgcamd running....

I can send a pic - do I just use [img...]Link [/img..]

Quote from tpmm

reading the original post I see "I've downloaded and flashed with MGcamd IPK (tried both mgcamd 1.38 & 1.38c). The installation appears to go well;. This doesn't convince me that the downloaded .ipk file has been installed in Vix via Blue Button/Vix/Install local extension. Perhaps the OP could confirm that having downloaded the .ipk file, he has ftp'd it to var/tmp and the subsequent installion has been done?

Yep - this is exactly what I did. Both FTP to var/tmp and also by saving on a USB and then installing (i'm assuming upon a full and complete installation it will ask you to restart the GUI - as that's what i've been asked..)

• Install our addons panel and download mgcamd from there (cams - openvix)..

FTP ipk to /tmp folder > Blue button > ViX > Install local extension > Follow on screen instructions.. After an enigma2 restart the addons will be in the plugin menu..

I'll have a go tomorrow and update you guys here.

Will I need to remove anything I've already installed?

• Ahhh - got it...The permissions were set incorrectly (at 600-and-something). Changed it via Filezilla as per Ten Below's post above, and got it showing in Softcam Manager.

I've copied my CWS = line in to newcamd.list and FTP'd to usr/keys folder. Not clearing any channels yet but will double check the CWS line.

One question (slightly off-topic) - does the file name need to be called "newcamd.list" or will "newcamd" suffice?

Thanks guys - mega-helpful thus far!!

• If you are using windows, deafult is not to show file extension. Make sure you dont make the file newcamd.list.list

Editing file taht is installed is safest way.

I learnt that the hard way..!!

On the installed file it has the below. Do I need to keep the first 2 lines or can I go straight to CWS = <hostname> (obviously replacing with my cws)

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
    CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
    CWS = <hostname> <port> <username> <password> <deskey>

ALSO; Can't seem to get the CWS = line working. Was working on my old DM500 box (used FIlezilla to download the newcamd file from it) - but now its not working on either my Nano 2t or the DM500 (incidentally; it's stopped working after I used Filezilla to download all files from the DM500..not sure if i'm responsible as I didn't check if it was working prior to FTP download)

...should I use Testious (www.testious.com) to validate it? - Not really sure of the reputability of the site.

ONCE AGAIN - thanks to all for being so patient and helpful - I'm a massive newb to all this so still learning my way around!!

• Don't remember as I've reinstalled Mgcamd so many times over the last couple of days...

I THINK the current set up has the new Mg_cfg (ie installed yesterday) but the old newcamd.list (from DM500)

...what's the correct way of doing it?

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!