Access to the box's hard drive from the network

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,905 times. The last Post () by Searay.

• Hello

I have had my box to store recordings on a shared network drive. That way I could see the recorded files to other devices on the network.
    However I could not put HD channels on pause, or record, so now I have put a hard drive in my DM800 clone. It works perfectly, but how can I mount the hard drive so I can see it from the network and access the files on the hard drive?

• There are a number of ways you can do it, depending on what Operating System you are trying to access the hard disk with and how you are trying to access the hard disk.

If you simply want to copy recordings to or from the hard disk you could just FTP to your DM800 and do it that way.

If you want to be able to access them directly over the network, i.e via a shared drive then you need to set up a Samba share on your DM800, assuming the image you are using supports this. I am running one of the latest build of Vix Apollo on my Vu Duo and I have the option for setting up a Samba share in: Menu-->Setup-->System-->Network-->Samba setup
    Once set up you should be able to simply map a network drive as normal in Windows to \\ip-of-dm800\share name

If you're using Linux on your PC then you'd be better off configuring an NFS Share from your DM800. Again, assuming it supports this the option to do so should be somewhere in the menu near where the option to set up a Samba share is

• Hello and thank you very much.

I want direct access from the network, so it is a Samba server I have to work with.
    I have a wired LAN neværk in the house and all PCs running Win7

But I need Samba?

Edited once, last by Searay ().

• But I need Samba?

You need samba running on the DM800se for network access

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• I downloads

Samba Mount 3.0.20
    and
    Samba Server 3.0.20

from Gemini-Server in the Blue menu, but nothing happens when I can not get in and create a setup.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!