Help. DM800se from Dreambox500c.org.

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,948 times. The last Post () by busman.

• Hi

Have just received a DM800se from the website Dreambox500c.org. It is very poorly built a arrived in what looked like a shoebox. It powers up but settings are all for Chinese satellites.

How do I find out which clone version it is and what would be the b3st image to flash to it???

Hope it is not a Complete lemon????

• I've had a couple of clone dm800se. tbh they weren't bad but i found they were always green screening for some reason or other mainly out of memory, i bought a vu solo 2 original and I've never had one problem with it at all, i suppose not all clones are built in the same factory so they may be some quality differences, he might have sold you a second hand one if its come in a shoebox type box, was the box and pus and other cables all wrapped up in cellophane?

• DM800Se, I wonder where that came from :trbtjrjq:

I have had quite a few DM clones in the past and other than the DM500s units they have all been OK. Its worth spending a little more to get it from a UK retailer so you are at least covered by trading standards and have some comeback. You also won't need to re-mortgage your house to send it back to China if it is indeed faulty.

I may get a DM800se V2 next or wait for the Chinese to build a clone of the two new DM boxes. I wouldn't buy a genuine Dreambox as they are over priced for what they are.

Nano

• keep away from blackhole 211 /212/213/214

What's wrong with the blackhole images? I'm running them on my box and been running sweet.

And i agree. ... have had dm800 and 800se clones for 3/4 years and been flashing the crap out of them, changing tuners etc no problems at all. They have always come in their boxes with a decent image on them and always in English. ...and not a shoebox

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• DM800Se, I wonder where that came from :trbtjrjq:

worth every penny

- - - Updated - - -

on dm800 se 211 dont boot for me at all 212 /213/214 image crash after i install meoboot or doesn't boot at all , i keep going back pli image ,direct from pli website light & lean i then install addons that i need

Edited once, last by busman ().

• So I tried booting up the box. The display simply said "SIM 2 & 4"???? Then the display says "boot 84". This flashed on the display pretty quickly so I turned it on and off 2 or 3 times to make sure I'd read it correctly.

Now it gets to the Initial dreambox loaing screen and just crashes? Not good.

• WTF. There is no null modem connection on the back...... Thought I'd just flash a new image to it in the hope that it'd be a quick fix. Clearly not, appear to now be the proud owner of a very poorly made brick!! :-(

• I think you have to use the mini usb. have you tried connecting it up and holding the power button down when it boots. You should be able to access it through the web if

Code
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm800-hd-se-flashing-firmware-browser

Failing that

Code
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm800-hd-se-flashing-dreamup

Nano

Edited once, last by nano ().

• Will try. Think I may be getting there though. Was only used to my old 500s so this is a bit different. Had no CA error which I think I've sorted with a handy tool found on this forum. Gonna have a go at flashing a new image using the usb to mini serial cable wotsit thingy. Will post back soon, no doubt when it goes wrong...... lol

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, some progress fixed no ca and now have ssl84d flashed to the box. Just need a good clone image/backup to flash to the box. Ideally one that looks like sly HD????

- - - Updated - - -

R 01 no CA found?

• You need to find out what sim is in the box in order to get the correct image for it.

May be worth opening it and having a look. It should be printed on the chip what sim it is. What did you do when you fixed the no CA? Which bootloader or image did you use to get rid of the no CA error? All this info will help us to help you.

You box could have one of 4 sims in it, A8P, SIM 2.10, Ferrari or ESTAR, until you know exactly which sim you have you are going to be going round in circles.

Nano

• Okay cheers. Out with the screwdriver then. Thought I'd fixed the no CA but actually hadn't. :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. It is an A SIM.

- - - Updated - - -

A8P sorry......

• Official Post

Give this image a try => OpenPLi-4.0-beta-dm800se-20141213.zip with this skin => Franken*** Update 14-10-2014

Flash with Dreambox OptiFlasher..

Your sim uses original images so flash the image first, don`t reboot yet, then flash the original bootloader/ssl that is attached..

• Cheers again. Think I bit off more than I could chew. Will post back on how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

I give up!!!! Can't even work optiflasher. This is ridiculous. Grrrrrrrr!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!