Dead Box??

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,485 times. The last Post () by ajayuk.

• Hi all

Im trying to use an RS232 lead to communicate with my 102E, Ive downloaded from ferguson the new ROM file and RS232 communication prog, but every time I try to load the Rom file into the EROM Upgrade.exe file it keeps telling me wrong file! yet this is from Ferguson and I know it is 100% the correct one. If I try to use a patched file it accepts that but tells me I need to reset the target STB, i cant get any further and Im tearing what little hair out that I have left.

• Try the attached .rar file.
    Extract it out, open up the 102e folder and you'll see the erom upgrade folder and original .abs firmware.
    Open up the erom folder and start the application, then select the original .abs file from the browse button in the erom tool.
    I use a null modem rs232 cable to connect to the stb as i don't think a straight through rs232 cable works (open to correction)

tells me I need to reset the target STB

Just turn off and on the stb using the rocker switch at the rear, it should start flashing then.

• The only thing I can suggest to you then is to double check everything as thats all you should need.
    The right .abs firmware for your receiver,
    A null modem rs232 cable
    The right erom upgrade software, (I was caught with it before) the erom upgrade software from ferguson can be model specific (just like the firmware .abs file), ie: an upgrade software for a 150 may not work with a 250 etc..
    I do presume you have "ASH" error on the display.

• Ahh,
    Your in bigger trouble so.
    Time to contact the supplier or , if your handy with a multimeter, time to start checking the psu and/or fuses.
    What exactly happened to it?
    Rs232 flashing method is normally only for a curroupted firmware/channel upgrade.
    Sounds like you've other issues.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!