vu+duo stuck on red light

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,288 times. The last Post () by lacierva.

• will i be able to buy them from maplin pal? could that still be the problem i've tried to flash with null cable no response from the box apart from the hdd trying to boot which i have disconnected to see if that had anything to do with the problem obviously it wasn't so i reconnected it thanks for help bud..

• replace the capacitor c807 with THESE..i done one the other day, really simple if you are good with soldering..cut the legs off the old one and solder the new capacitor on...make sure you get the postive and negative the right way round...see my job here
    05a4a.jpg

• i'm no good at soldering but i know someone who is what is the capacitor part number just so i know wot i'm buying soz if i sound a bit thick this is all new to me..thanks for your help pal hope thats all it is...

• your receiver does not have the affected capacitors that would need changing, it was designed this way in the factory to eliminate that problem. your receiver is suffering from something else.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• any ideas what mate tried everything i am pretty much a newbie with these boxes..i was ok with the old dm500s..there's power to the hdd but not even getting starting on the front panel..thanks for your help..

• don't think its a clone paid £249 for it earlier this year and the sticker on the back says vu+ duo sn:d1314901154...well it don't want to be a clone for that money..

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the advice pal i'll try another usb stick but my box doesn't even say starting just the red led light in top left hand corner and doesnt respond with vuutil with rs 232 lead plugged in?

• i'll try that first pal still got the packaging it came in..when you pay that kind of money it should not die in the first year..thanks for your help anyway apriciate it

• ok so ignore my post for the capacitor fix as that was for an earlier vu+duo, obviously you have a much newer one as i see from your picture...if its a genuine duo, they have two year warranty so return it for repair or replacemnet , could be other fault,

• so is there no warranty at all?

In the UK you have a standard 12 month warranty by law, any thing longer is at the sellers discretion. in Europe however its 24 months.

Maybe if you told us how this RED light problem occurred in the first place we could offer more help. for example was it during or after installing a image or plugin ?. have you tried to reflash either the image or bootloader since and what were the results ??.

• what is was the vix image that came with the box crashed so reflashed it by usb everything fine for a month or so then crossepg wasn't showing epg so I tried another epg from the plugins can't remember what is was called then the image crashed again so I tried a different image a vix back up I think.. it loaded via usb but didn't work so I rebooted the box and was stuck on starting so I tried uploading the bootloader which obviously hasn't worked and now just got the redlight..I bet its my fault for using a different image and bootloader but surely that wouldn't kill the box would it?

• Flashing the image alone should be fine, but then again you can never guarantee what people put in some of these so called backups, a incorrectly flashed bootloader however can and will destroy the boot sector on the receiver, and it's not easily fixable.

Have you tried flashing the bootloader since ?. you can get it from here. http://www.openvix.co.uk/index…%2B_Bootloaders/Vu%2BDuo/

Then power down and reflash the image again from here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo/

• Official Post

what is was the vix image that came with the box crashed so reflashed it by usb everything fine for a month or so then crossepg wasn't showing epg so I tried another epg from the plugins can't remember what is was called then the image crashed again so I tried a different image a vix back up I think.. it loaded via usb but didn't work so I rebooted the box and was stuck on starting so I tried uploading the bootloader which obviously hasn't worked and now just got the redlight..I bet its my fault for using a different image and bootloader but surely that wouldn't kill the box would it?

Did you download this backup from here ? If so please link us to it so we can remove it from the forum, to save others from the same headache..

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!