HD channel problem on THOR

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,275 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• I have updated to BH 1.65, Installed the latest firmware and drivers on my Uno but I still can't pickup various HD channels. I have tried blind scanning and have uploaded channel lists using dreamset whilst the (for example) canal + hits sd channel on 0.8 west opens up fine, the same channel in HD just shows no signal the same happens for most of the HD channels on thor (incidentally the bbc hd channels on thor are fine) Would i be better to start over from scratch? I always use blackhole restore to get the cccam clines back again because i'm not sure on how to get them back onto the stb!!! Is it quite easy to reinstall the clines and which version of cccam should i try and install?

RATIUS

• I read somewhere about HD probs on thor..the searchbar is your friend ;)
    just a thought :: ¿ are you sure you are in inside the footprint of these channels ?' I certainly can´t from the northern Spain..

as for installation of CCcam ,check this post + pictures to give you an idea : http://linuxsat-support.com/cc…y-terminology-basics.html
    CCcam.cfg ---> / var / etc chmod 644
    CCcam.bin ---> / var / bin -----> this is the binary(like the .exe in windows) this should be set to chmod(attributes) 755 otherwise CCcam wont start up.
    CCcam_emu.sh ---> / var / script -----> This is the script file(like the .Bat in msdos). This file has to have chmod 755. Inside it should contain the route of hte file.bin of the version we are trying to start,(for example 2.1.4).
    always make a backup of the CCcam.cfg file independently before/after adding/eliminating peers just as a good practice,it doesnt take more than a click of a mouse´s button ;)

• Cazuela,

You make it sound very simple!! I'll have a look over the weekend. Presumably if it all goes tits up i'll be able to use BH restore from my memory stick. My only hesitation is with the cccam bit. I'm going to have bite the bullet and grips to with it!

RATIUS

• That explains why I can't receive the channels... It seems they use a narrow beam for the HD channels (very inconsiderate).
    I won't waste any more time trying to work out why the signal is so low!

RATIUS

• you´re geographical location is a little south westerly to be recieving what is primarily for northern folk ;)
    Apart from that ,there are always the commonly called "blackspots" in beams...some dishes do ,some dishes dont ,lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!