DST* on 36A E - Dish alignment problem?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 403 times. The last Post () by LeBiz.

• Hello From S.E. Madagascar,

I have to admit to being a complete beginner. I am trying to get a lock on all the channels within the service MCK on Eutelsat 36 A & B.

Setup description:

Dish : 130 cm
    LNB : Quad ku band (Sk*)
    Rcvr 1 : DM800HD (OpenPli 4.0 beta)
    Rcvr 2 : Vigica S70S DVBS2/Android hybrid (Chinese).

I realised that my dish was not correctly aligned because I was able to watch channels between 11pm and 7am that I could not see during the day on the Vigica but not the DM800HD. In fact the DM800HD could not detect the transponders that I was watching on the Vigica.

To make sure that my dish was pointing at the right satellite I used a FTA channel TRT Turk (12321 H 23440) to align align the dish to 36A. TRT Turk on the Vigica signal is shown as S 75% Q88% on the DM800HD SNR 71% dB 11.50. BER 0 AGC 99%.

Now, I can see the channels that I could not see before but cannot see some channels that I was previously watching. Once again the Vigica can detect the transponders for the channels I cannot see whereas the DM800HD cannot.

Noting that DST* has an FTA channel called DISH (11842 V 27500)showing S69% Q41% whereas undetected by the DM800HD. I am considering realigning the satellite dish using channel DISH as a reference point.

I must admit to wondering if I need a dual lnb to get all of the channels on A & B.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• I managed to get it all working so thanks for the pointer when potentially so many parts in my system could have been causing the problem.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!