Decent image for amiko alien 2

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,317 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• I've read that since this box is not broadcam mips then you will never get stable e2 image for it. I've read that vix is available which is an image I highly rate but that's not what it says over at WOS.

Openpli or openatv would be my second choice but how stable are they...?

• PKT Hyperion is what i use on mine, It does have its issues but it runs fairly well.

Nano

• i had an amikao alien2 and to be hones i got that fed up with it rebooting all the time i just got shut of it, but before i did i put lavatronics vix image on and it was pretty stable but still crashed, at the end of the day this is a pretty unreliable box.

if you head over to www.lavatronics.co.uk you can find it there in the download section for amiko alien2

• pkt hyperion v3 is a good stable image mate:welldone:

Thats a bit old now,Latest version is Hyperion 4.5 .
    Its the best image for the Alien 2 in my opinion ,very stable for day to day tv viewing and basic plugins like Crossepg,cooltv,autobouquets,autotimer,pvr etc
    I will be uploading a backup in the next few days btw

• As far as im aware you wont get any image stable on an amiko not even the original image but its the box thats the issue not the software

No, it is the software, not the box. The problem is the developers concentrate on the higher end boxes and spend very little time making sure their images/plugins work on sh4 based boxes. A good example was the "judder" problem that was largely ignored because it was a "hardware" problem and in the end a "software" fix solved it. More recently the problem with the multi-tuners was a problem with pti.ko, not the hardware. I have had an HDMU image (with a modded pti.ko) running for almost two months now without and problems and without any reboots. Although, I do not use many plugins, which definitely helps. So, the only "issue" with the box is the lack of good developer support. I am not necessarily criticizing all the developers, I completely understand they have limited time to work for free. But blaming hardware for software problems only makes them look foolish when a software fix comes around.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!