BT HH5 problem

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,090 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi guys just to add my own tales of bt home hub. I had a 3 and a 5 that report on the Web gui that ports are open when they're not. There is loads of reading on different forums about the home hubs not forwarding correctly. Some seem to be ok some not. In end I bought myself an Asus RT-AC66U. THIS sorted the port forwarding and the WiFi coverage is a lot better. Can get 60 meg from phone in back garden.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• SOLVED

Going to keep it simple.

The static IP of my server configuration had a default gateway set at 192.168.1.1
    The Home Hub 5 offers its default gateway on 192.168.1.254.

My old netgears default gateway was also 192.168.1.1 and as it should all worked correctly.

Logged into putty brought up the ip config details and edited default gateway to end and match with HH5 .254, a quick restart command later and boom peers hit me in seconds.

A BIG thanks to everyone who took time out to reply and especially to mckee25 for taking time out to teamviewer in and look at settings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!