DNS Accounts Hits Per Month

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,193 times. The last Post () by dekelster.

• Dns.com there is free account which ya can setup. But it has a limit of 500000 hits per month. Is there any Dns servers that as a unlimited hits per month?

• Its just if peer was on a crypted channel it 450 hit per hour & u have 10 peers. U could go limit quickly

• like I say more than 4 years and I´ve never had or heard of anything about 90 day log ins or "hits"..
    in fact the only complaint I´ve ever come across was that a user was entering + updating/refreshing his IP too often...
    but as lfc4ever says ,,its only a few bob to not have to worry about "such nonsense"
    10 peers?' what do you reckon servers with 70/80 peers would have to do if that was the case¿¿?
    I pose the question that´s all ;)

• I have actually heard of 1 occasion of someone losing his DNS on the 90 day rule.
    If you use the auto DNA updater then I think it counts as logging in, so nothing to worry about.

• Own was disabled using the updater on crappy windows cause I never logged into the site within 90 days, after I enabled it again, seen what it cost, and considering I benefit from it, I now pay yearly for it.

Maybe rules have changed since I used the freebie version? either way they deserve the few quid for the year.

• Im running dd client the demon running every 300 seconds would that a fact it ?

• 300 seconds!?!?!

PMSL have you lost your mind????

The pro updater has a abusive update threshold of around 1 hour (pro = paid for)

So updating every 5 minutes is completely over the top.

You have to think to yourself, how often does my ISP change my IP address?

The lease expiration can be checked via ipconfig /all or ifconfig or even by looking at your router and checking the expiration time, even then they can give you back the same IP.

4 to 6 hours even 24 hours is more than enough for updating, unless you have a really crap ISP "eircom is really crap :)"

Constantly hammering your dyndns/no-ip to check your IP is uptodate is just silly.

• that is exactly what i was talking about overusing it!!!!! most IPs change every 2-3 days,,
    as lfc says , you only have to look at router line confg to see the lease expiry,,,
    even eircom(irish isp) do it to "encourage" you to ask for a static IP (non dynamic) and pay the extra monthly...
    I still maintain that after 4 yrs of using dns I´ve never had any hassle, mind you I do change host every so often ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!