What to buy? Azbox? VU +? Wetek? Deambox?

There are 32 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,589 times. The last Post () by theinvoice.

I think TVH is easy to setup, ok have a learning time but when you get it is more advanced than e2, and softcams is also quite easy just one menu :D, but you also have VDR that is quite more popular in Germany and was the inspiration of e2 (in brief story - DBOX -> Neutrino -> VDR / E2

I agree with the softcam part as TVHeadend has had a major upgrade, I think 3.9 or 4.0 now. I only used it for a couple of days but the channel list editing/sorting/updating was too time consuming for me. Do you have a link to a tutorial or video for TVHeadedit sorting/updating channel lists? That was the dealbreaker for me.

Another thing in my opinion to think about is DVB cards. I think it's possible to get the Wetek with pre-installed DVB-S tuners, I have no experience with them, but it sounds pretty good.

But if you decide to build/use a "normal" PC, the cost of GOOD DVB S/C/T cards that work out of the box in Linux is expensive; many cards advertise they work out of the box in Linux, but reality is a different story.

I have Digital Devices dual DVB-S2 card and works/recognized automatically "out of the box " in Linux(OpenElec), but it's about €165. If you want to add DVB-C or T; add another €165 = €330. <<<<<< You can get a kicka$$ Enigma2 quad tuner DVB S/C/T box for the same price.
    I also tried several brands of USB DVB-C/T tuners, some were not recognized by Enigma2 or Linux/OpenElec, but one of them was, but you could eat dinner in the time it took to change channels on DVB-C.

I was in your position about 2 weeks ago, I couldn't decide whether to go 100% HTPC or Enigma2 for TV and HTPC for Kodi. I chose to still have 2 separate devices and I'm glad I did. As I said in earlier post, I don't think technology is good enough for a 1 box solution yet.

• Hi guys,

I've spent these days considering buying the WeTek. I already read a lot about it and its alternatives and I'm coming to the conclusion that the WeTek Play as Android Media Center may not be the best option, but as set top box with digital TV and IPTV, it'll be the best option. Plus, it seems it runs Kodi like a charm, and if running with OpenElec, it's absolutely perfect.

Since I won't using android features often, I'll buy it tonight or tomorrow morning and then I'll post here my feedback...

• Good time to buy as well £ at a 7 year high over the euro, mine arrived next day with the free shipping option as well.
    Best test to see if it works as a TV box is to leave it with the Mrs and go out, mine has managed to work it fine with no probs so it gets the :thumb: here

• Hi guys,

I've spent these days considering buying the WeTek. I already read a lot about it and its alternatives and I'm coming to the conclusion that the WeTek Play as Android Media Center may not be the best option, but as set top box with digital TV and IPTV, it'll be the best option. Plus, it seems it runs Kodi like a charm, and if running with OpenElec, it's absolutely perfect.

Since I won't using android features often, I'll buy it tonight or tomorrow morning and then I'll post here my feedback...

Couldnt make better resume :)

• It's done!

I bought one right now!

I'm tired of reading about WeTek.

Since the weekend i wanted one, so, hell yeah!

Now, i have to wait for the delivery to start the fun!

Thank all of you!
    Your comments were very useful!!

I'll give the feedback later :D

• Massive delivery!

Already arrived!

Tonight i'm going to test it!

The package is beautiful! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hello guys!

So i've tested wetek yesterday... it's a box full of (great) surprises

Android, it's user friendly, tried to download some regular games on play store, worked just fine.
    The theater app with stock Rom doesn't support TVH.
    But i read on their forums, i could install a custom rom (work in progress), and it seems to work.

Installed openELEC on a microSD, and this is where the fun begins.
    Took me a bit to understand some settings, but the help from the tutorial's were crucial :D

I've manage to set up my TVH, and it's working fine :D

Now, i want to explore more about openelec.
    Anything you recommend? :)

Thanks a lot all of you, if it wasn't for you, i wouldn't buy wetek!

• I ordered my WeTek Play last Wednesday morning and it arrived on Friday morning, just before the weekend :)))

I past this weekend using it on android and openelec and what I can say is that WeTek Play is THE BOMB! I'm so happy with this product. Right now, I'm just using it to watch IPTV and Digital TV, because I don't have a lot knowledge on these fields yet. Soon, I'll learn more about this and explore all the potential this product has.

If anyone is considering buying one, stop it and buy it! :20_003:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!