Sharing Lines

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 578 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi,
    have a server set up and running have read numerous threads but dont fully understand how the sharing works.All my lines are 0 0 0 { 0:0:2 } which I know allows one reshare. Out of the 10 lines I have in my server there is only one person who isnt a friend or family member. This guy is a respected member on another forum and gave me help setting up a dm500 server when I first started out and in return I gave him a cline as a thank you. Although he has his own server I asked asked him to use it for his own personal viewing.
    MY question is, say he used my own cline on his server for his peers to use, how would this affect the stability of my server if he has say like 50 peers connecting to his server?

• Hi caz,
    prior to starting this thread I had read the thread here Getting Started - Flines & Clines For Beginners
    I have had a search around, also looking through many threads and do try look for answers before i ask the question, which is why it took me an an eon setting up my ubuntu server. I have had a look at links from your post and am none the wiser but thats maybe cause i'm not the brightest button. I dont want to be spoon fed or an a-z how to do things, but sometimes need a little nudge in the right direction
    The question I wanted asking from this thread was "say he used my own cline on his server for his peers to use, how would this affect the stability of my server if he has say like 50 peers connecting to his server?"

• Official Post

If you only gave him one reshare then thats all he can reshare it, my guess is he would use less than any of the other 9 lines who are not sharing back, its your server so you have full control.Just monitor the usage and make changes as you feel required, you will get a better understanding of this & learm much more once you start exchanging with others.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!