micro sd

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,707 times. The last Post () by Skeese.

• In wetek android is there anything you need to do apart from use the file browser to see files on micro sd , i cant get the card i bought with the wetek that had openlec on it or my phone card to read im starting to think ive a duff wetek both cards show files in the pc????????????, i dont think im this stupid surely not haha!

- - - Updated - - -

No notification a card has even been inserted ,its would be an idea for anyone that bought one to test the micro sd now rather than find out later , they are a bit iffy to use this on I have you are able to inset the micro usb chip above the reader and you need to angle it downwards a slight bit to go into the reader

• I had the opposite problem...
    USB adaptor wouldnt recognise the 32gbs.
    tried another , stuck openelec on it ,inserted it in correctly into the wetek and it booted straight away ..
    Kingston 32gbs (class 10)

• This is the one they supplied and its kingston 8 gb and the one on my phone is a 32 gb do you get a notification a cards inserted when you put it in like on an android phone cos im getting nothing , have now tested 4 different micro sd cards , im gutted ive had it since last Thursday and this is the first time ive had to try it

:23_002:

• Working fine here stevejo bud.... I used the link in this post to write to the card for openelec :OpenELEC 5.0.5 there is a link for "WeTek OpenELEC Installer application"

Its on the card buddy I bought a card from them with it installed already I just cant see any files at all on the wetek they should show in file browser

- - - Updated - - -

Steve try to see if slot is aligned with hole as at mine i was missing entry point. I will make you a photo

its not exactly in line buddy but i looked and i have got the card clicking in and out via the spring in the back so its 100% in the reader

- - - Updated - - -

Wetek have sent an email asking if i get a notification on the top left that a card is inserted and I dont so looks like this one is going back FFS

• Sounds like a H/W production fault not a S/W fault....
    well at least that was a prompt reply from them :78:
    and delivery service is rapid so you´ll be toying with it again in no time ..

• Its new from wetek with openlec already installed by them think it cost me 10 euro , it works in my phone and pc my phone card also wont read in the wetek , no notification at all that there is even a card inserted 100% hardware fault 4 cards work in my phone and laptop but not any on wetek

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a H/W production fault not a S/W fault....
    well at least that was a prompt reply from them :78:
    and delivery service is rapid so you´ll be toying with it again in no time ..

I hope just wondering what its going to cost me sending it back this might aswell be put in the bucket and me just buy another

• I'm pretty sure they should pay for return since it's faulty....

Ive sent all the purchase info so if anything this will give some idea what Wetek are like when things go wrong ill advise the outcome when resolved ,just a pitty it had to be me

:26_002:

- - - Updated - - -

OMG these folk at Wetek are something else ive been sent a TNT consignment email already , hands down really good service , discovered the fault at 9.30 am and by midday another one is on the way and I only emailed the purchase details 30 mins ago, I dont think there are many businesses in the world that will rival that kind of efficiency if only they made beer

AMAZING SERVICE !!!

:78:

• I thought I was gonna have to return mine. It would not detect any ext drives. I flashed an older image and it now detects them.

Were you getting micro sd to read im assuming you id to flash to the older image

- - - Updated - - -

I snuffed an 8gig one just trying but got it work on a 4gb kingston ??

Th card i got was 8 gig i loaded openlec again to try and no joy no cards will read ill have to wait or the new one and just play with android only for the weekend

• I flashed OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.5
    with a bit of headache as when you flash no matter what sd
    you can only see 250 - 270 meg on card on windows
    my 4 gb now shows 157 free of 255 (meg)
    but on openelec it shows 3.?? gb free..
    trying to get my head around headend at the mo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!