Hi folks. Total novice here. Just bought an openbox s10

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 933 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Trying to get it working now.

Been browsing the forum to try to get a handle on setting it up.

Got an excellent tutorial and am trying to follow the steps now.

Unfortunately I had already downloaded the image file and run the 'Upgrade by USB' utility, which ran ok.

Now, on reading the tutorial, I realise I should have run the 'Dump by USB' first so that I could save and reinstate the cccam.cfg file.

Now when I go to the CCcam Client Setup stage, I have no cccam.cfg file to upload.

Can I download this file from somewhere or is it safe to reset the box to factory settings and start again?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

btw I am just using my standard Sky satellite dish.

• Hi Jack welcome to the club, if your box is an original, then rest easy that dump is not very important as we all have good dumps that we can send you. As for the cccam.cfg, the box comes with a blank most of the time unless you got it from a server holder. So you can either enter the cline straight via the remore, or create a file using a text editor and then upload using USB or using the Lan Manager tool. find a good cline for your birds and then use any of the above three methds to open the channels. I believe that you have scanned the bird and got the channels. good luck!.

• Hi Jack welcome to the club, if your box is an original, then rest easy that dump is not very important as we all have good dumps that we can send you. As for the cccam.cfg, the box comes with a blank most of the time unless you got it from a server holder. So you can either enter the cline straight via the remore, or create a file using a text editor and then upload using USB or using the Lan Manager tool. find a good cline for your birds and then use any of the above three methds to open the channels. I believe that you have scanned the bird and got the channels. good luck!.

Hi. Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated although I'm a bit of a thicko when it comes to this stuff.

The Chip Id says FFFF so I'm thinking it might be a clone?

Bought from dreambox800.co.uk. Anyone else bought from here?

If indeed it is a clone, is there a safe dump I could use or should I maybe send it back and try for a refund?

Thanks again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!