Recording on Zero

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,207 times. The last Post () by Blackie42.

• Also trying to record to USB pen drive.

I mounted as /media/hdd instead of /media/usb in the zero. I tried setting up a timed recording but it does not start -just says 'waiting'.

Do I need to create folder on USB stick?

Any links on step by step recording for Zero anywhere?

thanks

• Setting Vu + for internal hard disk recording

This is a manual recording to hard disk in our media // hd

The first thing you need is to mount a hard drive can do this via telnet or so following this manual:

1. We press the blue button twice and headed to device manager:

2. We press the red button (MountPoints):

3. We indicate the path to your disk / media / hd:

4. Reboot your VU +.

5. We turn to Menu-Settings-System-Setup:

6. In setup mode in Expert put it:

7. Once done, the changes saved with green button and return to Menu-Settings-System-recording paths. Defecti entered by recording location.

8. press the menu key and click on Switch to list files:

9. You press first and then the parent directory list of storage devices and if you have mounted the drive, you will see displayed media / hd, you enter and agree to / media / hd

10. Once we are already in / media / hd movie create the directory within the disk / hd, with the menu key but this (we can also do it from windows)

11. Finally click on add bookmark (blue button) and the green button to save changes.

this is for USB HDD is the same but change routes by usb hdd

• Thanks for input BUT this does not work on the VU+ Zero running BH 2.1.7. There is no internal hard drive on the zero AFAIK.

In 'system' you have to hit 'customise' to change the set up mode to 'expert'. There is no option 'recording paths' in this menu that I can see

Appears the instructions above refer to different VU+ models or other images?

Any one have any idea how to record to external storage device on the Zero? There must be other users who have figured this out?

thanks

• The recording paths menu is a seperate menu in the system.

menu/setup/system/Recording Paths

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• OK - I installed the TSpanel and now I see 'recording paths' but it wasn't there before I swear.

Will follw rest of instructions now

Still having trouble with this. I have a FAT32 formatted USB stick in the box.

Mountpoint /media/usb (also tried /media/hdd) & saved.

Main Menu/Set up/System/Customise/Set up mode = expert

Main Menu/Set up/System/Recording Paths -this is set to /hdd/movie as 'Default movie location' =can't be changed

When I save with green button I get error message 'The directory /hdd/movie is not wrireable
    . Select a writeable directory instead

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• You might try to format your usb stick to ext3 first and then setup your mountpoint to media/hdd or media/usb

• Thanks - tried that too -stillget the message that its not writeable.

Either the Zero can't record to USB or I'm doing something stupid. Although I am following the
    guidance you guys are giving. Only thing I haven't tried is downgrading to BH 2.1.6 or maybe one of the other images

• i read on openpli forum

Recording on the VU+ Zero is disabled ON PURPOSE because in some countries the manufacturer needs to pay additional taxes for a device that can do recording. VU+ choose not to pay the tax and disable the recording capability to fulfill the requirement.

with openpli 4
    installing PAU plugin enables Recording

Install Pau via the menu - plugins - green button - extensions and restant Enigma

source

Code
    http://forums.openpli.org/topic/36041-vu-zero/page-3

- - - Updated - - -

edit post updated

Edited 3 times, last by davvo ().

VU+ ZERO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!