DM500 hack username and password?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,488 times. The last Post () by sep8001.

• Hey. I'm a beginner in this field. A guy set the username and password on my dreambox before, so I tried to reset the credentials by using this guide, so that I could telnet to the box.

My Dreambox DM500 has been working perfectly, until I tried to network mount on the dreambox. After I selected mount, the dreambox crashed, I then had to unplug the box. After the dreambox restarted I was stuck on the PLi boot up screen for about 15 minutes, the screen then reloaded, and then things were back to normal.

Is there another way in which I can reset the username and password for the box?

• Re-flash with new software ¬ Shoud reset everything ! :83:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• The only problem is that if I re-flashed, it would erase certain configuration settings I have. After researching further, I have found that I can download the plugin Tutbox commander and navigate to /var/etc/passwd and edit the first line to the following 'root:$1$$34NPeumc9sBBCAw.oUaM80:0:0::/:/bin/sh'. There is one problem, it won't allow me to edit the file. Another thread suggested that I could find the password in another pluggin called Sysinfo v0.8.7, but after I inspected sysinfo, I could not locate the password. So re-flashing would be my only option?

• The tuxbox method has worked for me on two boxes. Did you click the correct coloured button to edit the file.

Will see if I can find the thread I used.

Edit, you have to press 4 once you have opened the passed file to edit it.

Edited once, last by sep8001 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!