Best receiver for under £130?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,620 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Any suggestions on best receiver for under £130?

Needs to be able to view and record at the same time
    Needs to be able to take an internal HDD rather than USB
    Ideally with some nice images etc

I am brand new to this and will be upgrading from my current sky box so to speak, so any advise is great.

I have been looking at the nBox 5800x which looks to do everything - Just not sure how to do it.

• Ok. Any guides on how to get this ready for what I am attempting to achieve with it?

New to this whole box thing - Not new to linux/networking in general etc.

• What are you wanting to do ,If its just normal epg and setup not very much , get the vix image put on it and its almost all there to be honest , just put a drive in it initialize it set up you cccam/oscam for your card ,What sub do you wish to use on it and what ,type of box is it in at the moment ??

- - - Updated - - -

not all cards will work be aware

• Not really to sure tbh. Like I said I am new to this.

Currently have the sly HD box.

Normal EPG and oscam I think is what I am looking for initially - I will explore the rest when I can get the basics working. haha

• Good friends I'm on free to air since RTP is in the air here in the north America.Pois already had both receiver in pricipio was pansat 100 to 9200hd after coolsats very good .After hd .Ja had pansats 9200 hd azbox premium hd plus azbox minime vantage vt1 vantage 1100hd expensive receivers but not doing much to what cost .Pois to me blind scan most important one time found a company in China as never bought a box made in China? But I decided two years comprare x2 premium 2 which was not my astonishment that with $ 57 American dollars with free shipping was simply the better box that had until today to blind scan fast and not missing channels.Depois bought x2 3 for $ 112 canadian dollars and very good picture very good simple record good image hd and hd in and now I'm already waiting for the x2.4 it will saire this month more or less as x2. 3 but aparensia most beautiful .Companhia that make these formidable receivers send an email after two days dao an answer .Comparando these with my vantage vt1 $ 495 canadian are very melhores.X2 3 blind scan not take the premium x2 2 but hits azboxs
    vantages all. 3 X2 on the very good internete tambem.Por so I never buy a receiver by more than $ 150 dolares.Pois all up the cheapest today were the best for what and more importantly for me

Edited once, last by tanka2 ().

• http://www.world-of-satellite.…-Tuner-Satellite-Receiver

youll need to up your money a touch but youll be buying something that youll get value for money , nbox is rubbish amiko rubbish this is the only proper box youll get that cheap £149

Box arrived yesterday. Slapped a 300GB HDD in out of an old sly box, and its going good.

Took half hour or so to set up, with auto bouquets (that I wanted) and auto EPG etc etc. Also with a few other softwares installed.

Very good piece of kit - Would definitely recommend.
    Will update with my feelings about it after a week or so, but it feels so good to get those Sly shackles off!!

• Box arrived yesterday. Slapped a 300GB HDD in out of an old sly box, and its going good.

Took half hour or so to set up, with auto bouquets (that I wanted) and auto EPG etc etc. Also with a few other softwares installed.

Very good piece of kit - Would definitely recommend.
    Will update with my feelings about it after a week or so, but it feels so good to get those Sly shackles off!!

In a week you will have learnt more that you can do with it and be happier

• master G

Added the Label Kodi Support

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!