Upgrade but to what???

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,633 times. The last Post () by biggest1d.

• Hi all, I'm upgrading my box and not sure what to buy. My short list is a
    Dreambox 7020 v2. Or
    VU+ ultimo
    I use a motorised dish setup and can't make up my mind. Any help in choosing which one or are their any receivers I have forgot which are to a high spec.

• I can push it to £800 and just satellite only. Not interested in the bits n bobs as long as it's stay with and new tech coming out in the next few years.
    Thanks

• Hi all, I'm upgrading my box and not sure what to buy. My short list is a
    Dreambox 7020 v2. Or
    VU+ ultimo
    I use a motorised dish setup and can't make up my mind. Any help in choosing which one or are their any receivers I have forgot which are to a high spec.

Both receivers you've mentioned are now old spec.

Take a look at the following: -

http://www.world-of-satellite.…-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=hd2400

http://www.world-of-satellite.…clebox-Linux-HD-Receivers
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=duo2

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Edited once, last by world-of-satellite.co.uk ().

• Now I am confused....never heard of most of them. I thought DM & VU led the way.
    What would you recommend for a motorised system which is easy to use for the wife and won't be useless within the a year or two,

• Now I am confused....never heard of most of them. I thought DM & VU led the way.
    What would you recommend for a motorised system which is easy to use for the wife and won't be useless within the a year or two,

All posted above are good quality and well supported receivers, all are wife friendly using OpenViX images.

How many tuners do you require? 1, 2 and the option to expand to more?

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

• 2 turners is fine, my real issue is support but they all sound good. Last question, if it was your money, what would you buy from the list above?

• 2 turners is fine, my real issue is support but they all sound good. Last question, if it was your money, what would you buy from the list above?

You won't go far wrong with the Mutant HD2400 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=hd2400

• Can't for the life of me think why you would go for a Mutant over a Duo2? £279 for a Duo2 is a no brainer.

Dreambox and VU+ are by far and away the best brands and support is what it's all about. All other brands tend to be fly by nights and come and go. Both of these however have been around for years and will be to come.

If you want peace of mind and support VU+ is top of the tree.

• Looks like I'm not sure again. I thought the vu+ was better but the mutant spec sound great. Think the debate is going on.
    Does anyone know what the difference is between the two as they both have high specs.

• Yes you're right the VU+ is better. It's got massive support, image support from a wide number of teams and has a worldwide user support base. The spec is far too long to list but suffice to say in a nutshell the Duo2 a top of the range receiver and bar the new Dreambox is the best machine out there.

• My own personal view on this is Vu+ are quality no doubt about it but to limit its top of the range receiver by just having 2 x P&P modules is stupidity in itself other manufacturers namely Xtrend sussed this a while ago by having 4 x P&P tuner modules on its top end receivers for true Mix & Match possibilites, The Mutant 2400 and the LX3 before it had the same foresight.

Even Gigablue although they used 2 fixed on the Quad and Quad+ they still had 2 x Plug & Play which for me is a requirement i needed 3 x DVB-S2 and at least 1 X DVB-C/T/T2 something which is impossible on any current VU+ model, Yes they have a very broad selection of images for VU but how many times does the average user actually swap images, They may try a few to get a feel for them but in the end they settle on one which is normally one of the OE Alliance spin offs.

• I've recently upgraded from a vu duo to a vu duo2 and it's amazing. The difference in picture quality is chalk and cheese! Even on sd channels but obviously the hd shows up more. I'm not sure exactly why as the old vu duo was 1080i but I thought the picture was better on 720p with my tv upscaling to 1080P. The new duo2 is 1080p but as far as I can tell the hd picture from sats is 1080i so presume the duo2 converts to 1080p. I went for a twin s2 tuner and a single T2 freeview hd tuner as though my tv has freeview it's not hd. This means I can get all the freeview hd channels through my normal ariel (if the sat goes down with snow!). You could have 2 twin s2 tuners (4 total) though i've no idea why anyone would need this many tuners.
    The new duo2 is also a lot faster than the old duo and no longer needs a swap file set up as it's got plenty of internal memory. You can stream both from the web and to your own device away from home from the duo2.
    I got mine through World of Satellite who delivered next day for a great price (Not on back handers, honest).
    I don't think you can go wrong with the duo2, if there's a better box for the money i'd be surprised.

• I also agree, vu+ & Dreambox are the top makes with loads if support. I've had a DM800pvr for years now and want something different. Still not sure between the Mutant & Vu+....think I'll go for the VU+ as it'll defo be around in the future too. Thank you all.
    Anyone else want to chip in?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!