openelec on sd card

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 851 times. The last Post () by dale094.

• WHAT I FOUND, If you use Win32 Diskmanager to load Openelec image to sd card it reduces capacity of sd card to 256mb instead of 4gb of which i think makes running on sd card slower, any thoughts, i loaded mine into nand flash and it runs lighning, sd card was scandisk 4gb.

• WHAT I FOUND, If you use Win32 Diskmanager to load Openelec image to sd card it reduces capacity of sd card to 256mb instead of 4gb of which i think makes running on sd card slower, any thoughts, i loaded mine into nand flash and it runs lighning, sd card was scandisk 4gb.

on your sd card have you 2 partition fat 32 and 1 ext3 or 4 i am not sure but it is a linux partition standard you can that not seen in windows

VU+Zero4K

09553007003687213979.gif

• Thanks for the heads up. its just that when i run openelec on sd card boot the openelec runs slowish and the screen seems to pixelate and go black, if i flash to nand everything is spot on , really weird, would like to have android as well but openelec is faster.

• The very same thing happened to my sd card ...
    What I did was made a backup, copied it to my desktop,
    used openelec installer (which will automatically download the latest version from the net.) onto the sd card
    and once loaded 5.0.8 on to the wetek play ( afterupgrading the latest wetek image build)
    then ftp transferred my backup through winscp back onto the box in /storage/backup and restored..
    got a nice fast(er than before) box now..

• on your sd card have you 2 partition fat 32 and 1 ext3 or 4 i am not sure but it is a linux partition standard you can that not seen in windows

you can read and write
    to any partition from windows

with the right software

Explore2fs (Read-only Access)
    Ext2 IFS (Installable File System) (Read as well as Write Access)
    DiskInternals Linux reader : can copy files to windows (i use this often)
    Ext2 FSD (File System Driver) (Read as well as Write Access)
    Ext2Read
    LTOOLS

Edited 4 times, last by davvo ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!