How can i install an earlier version of kodi?

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,264 times. The last Post () by canthackit.

• Hi

This Kodi 14.0 is not running as I would like, on other devices I find Gotham 13.2 works best, so I want to install this version on the wetek how do I do this?

atm I can't connect to the box, network is working but no connection to it.

regards: canthackit

• For wetek you have kodi 14.0 and openelec 14.1..
    if it doesn´t run as smooth or as good as before then its usually down to a change of skin or an added repository or Addon..(just like an e2 image)

• cannot connect.

network setup ok using a home plug, it was working yesterday ok.

just done a fresh start, but the network wasn't working today anyway, thought the reset would solve that as well but it hasn't.

seems one problem begets another.

recommendations please.

- - - Updated - - -

For wetek you have kodi 14.0 and openelec 14.1..
    if it doesn´t run as smooth or as good as before then its usually down to a change of skin or an added repository or Addon..(just like an e2 image)

Errr actualy mate it's Kodi 14.2 and openelec 5.0.8

• If you are using ethernet make sure wifi isnt enabled ,sounds stupid but I was wondering how I had 2 ip addresses the other day because i used a backup from one to put on another , another issue i had was my router ip table was full so i reset the router to factory cos mine keeps issuing the next highest ip to a new device ,I would do a fresh flash and try connect to the router via direct cable to rule out home plug issues , before setting anything up exept what you have to when you first boot , might be that all your issues of speed etc all hinge on a simple network issue ,so I would go back to basics , if it turns out its the network port wetek will replace it you could also try your other wetek to prove the second one faulty and even swap tuner for now till you need to return the faulty one if need be , you have 2 of them to compare so id try that also if both dont connect , look at the network from there

:thumb:

Havent seen any other major wetek faults with network

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• Aint got the 2nd tuner yet mate lol

as i say done a reset, wifi is not enabled just rechecked to make sure, tried dhcp and manully with many different ip addys, barsteward wont connect.

i'm a bit adverse to doing a router reset you know peers and all, that but then again if it aint working Hey go for it lol.

i shall mess about with the wetek for the time being as i say it was working fine yesterday.

oh and i keep getting that bloody "tvheadend htsp client connection lost" message coming up but thats another issue......................i think.

can you also just confirm on the tvheadend config http port 9981 htsp port 9982, i don't need to enter a username/pass................i wouldn't know what to enter if i did.

best regards: canthackit

• That should only come up once when you first boot other errors like that can be if you set a path for recording then remove the device but then its a path error , try the other wetek anyway and see , I also see you did a reset that is no good do a fresh burn of openelec to an sd card and try

• It is already Kodi 14.2 as stable Helix version, works nice here mate

• Still can't connect to the wetek.

i've done a clean reinstall of openelec 5.0.8, i've tried over wifi, i'm trying with TP link 200mps homeplug, i can't connect with either my mac with Firefox of Safari or on my windoze lappie with Firefox or IE8, i've reset the router, i've enabled dhcp, i've tried with numerous manual ip addys, rebooted so many times i'm giddy.

that's about my knowledge on the subject, is there anything else to try other than Stevejo's suggestion of trying the other wetek I really don't won't to have to take it out of the box just yet.

does anybody know anything about a "key" it's supposed to be allocated to the network setup I think, but know nothing about it.

• Did you try connecting with WinSCP???

Use SFTP when your running openelec...... you should see a warning come up when you connect for the first time using WinSCP regards saving the cache key for connecting everytime after....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• sftp: the server rejects sftp but listens to ftp connections..........

ftp: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it...........lol

so there ridiculous aint it :54_002:

- - - Updated - - -

[quote='stevejo','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=266273#post266273']It cant be the wetek on both wired and wireless , what are you showing in openelec network/connections do you see a valid ip address

- - - Updated - - -

did you enable ssh on initial setup where you see samba[/QUOTE

hello mate

wifi disabled.

wired enabled 192.168.0.8 state:ready....type:dhcp

yes got ssh and samba enabled.

• Have you tried connecting from another pc/laptop , this can only be a software issue , try another pc and a fresh install of WinSCP , disable any antivirus programs ,only thing i can think of as this is a very uncommon issue ., if that fails try another router it doesnt even have to be connected to the internet boot it up and hook your pc and wetek to it ,and try it again on the new ip address assigned , one of these has to work and solve the puzzle

• on a mac no anti virus and system firewall and router firewall both disabled.

on windoze lappie, no anti virus, windows firewall enabled, but obvious traffic allowed thro.

aint got another router, really difficult to run a cable, router in another room and living conditions mean it really aint convenient, but what i might try f i can is take the wetek into the room where the router is with just the power lead and network cable, and see how that goes.

and then that just leaves a reinstall of winscp.

- - - Updated - - -

reinstalled openelec again.

setup wired network enabled SSH/SAMBA with DHCP.

only enabled a limited amount of addons, tvheadend, wecloud antenna, oscam.

even tried with the network cable connected directly to the router, it's listed there on the wired connections, but the bloody thing still won't connect.

there's got to be something there on the wetek blocking access, thing is there's only a limited amount of config options, an enigma2 box it aint.

for day's now I can't suss the problem out.

just tried putty thought i'd try pinging the box, connection refused.

• open the other one and test it , but i think you will get the same result but it will rule out the first wetek ,if it does work then you know for sure its the wetek ,acid test nothing more you can do , id go to a mates house and try it on another router/network though , im still convinced its not the wetek , failing that get a priest to throw holy water all round your house and do an exorcism cos you have the wetek demon there
    :laugh:

• " im still convinced its not the wetek , failing that get a priest to throw holy water all round your house and do an exorcism cos you have the wetek demon there"

lol.........that's the best suggestion yet mate, the exorcism i mean.

i think it is the wetek in as much the network software, but i don't think the device is faulty.

best regards: canthackit

• you have done a fresh flash of 5.0.8 if it was software on the wetek we would all suffer this fate ,you have a valid ip in network also so to be honest , until you try another router and or network at a mates house and or try the other wetek there really no way of proving it , it might all be down to either your router or pc but i have doubts its the wetek or wetek software can you connect via android ?you need to try all angles before second guessing , i have seen routers in the past that just wont entertain ftp and other protocols

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• i've managed to ping the wetek via the router does this tell us anything?

PING 192.168.0.100 (192.168.0.100): 64 data bytes
    Reply from 192.168.0.100: Bytes 64 Time=19.271 ms
    Reply from 192.168.0.100: Bytes 64 Time=4.403 ms
    Reply from 192.168.0.100: Bytes 64 Time=4.437 ms
    Reply from 192.168.0.100: Bytes 64 Time=10.763 ms
    Reply from 192.168.0.100: Bytes 64 Time=4.290 ms
    Reply from 192.168.0.100: Bytes 64 Time=5.485 ms
    Reply from 192.168.0.100: Bytes 64 Time=5.171 ms
    Reply from 192.168.0.100: Bytes 64 Time=4.439 ms
    Reply from 192.168.0.100: Bytes 64 Time=5.201 ms
    Reply from 192.168.0.100: Bytes 64 Time=4.324 ms

--- 192.168.0.100 ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max = 4.290/6.778/19.271 ms

- - - Updated - - -

i've got cable so don't have another router for that.

i can't get to a pals just yet.

i don't think it's my pc's cos i does it on a mac and windows lappie.

the only option atm is to unbox the other wetek fit the sat tuner and test it, this has got to be the last resort though, as when i sell it i want to sell boxed and as new, and i shall be gutted if i do that and it still dont work.

thanks for everything so far Stevejo.

• This may sound stupid but have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power then trying to connect?

Try using filezilla?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!