How can i install an earlier version of kodi?

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,265 times. The last Post () by canthackit.

• If you decide to sell your second one even after opening it to test your connection it's not going to make a difference to anyone whether the wrapper is still on it or not....... it will still be new. If you decide to sell it on here your going to have to open it anyway to take pics of it for the post......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• nope that didn't work.

thanks anyway, it'll probably transpire it's something silly i've not done or have done anyway, so i'm open to any suggestion.

regards: canthackit

- - - Updated - - -

setup new box.

connected immediately, what does this tell us?

do i gotta contact wetek, send the box back?

• Would have saved time doing that earlier lol., glad you have found the issue

yeah I was a scaredy cat wasn't I lol

thanks for everything mate.

update:

i thought i'd detected that the 2nd box booted a bit differently, so i put the MicroSD card from the 2nd box into the 1st went into network settings and assigned the ip address that was on the 2nd, rebooted went on the mac entered 192.168.0.14:9981 connected immediately, i probably sodded up the formatting and installing the .img file, need to make sure i've got the correct version of openelec 5.0.8 and tranfer the file to the SD card correctly

• What class sd card are you using btw? When I bought my wetek plays, they supplied me with class 4 sd cards and they were absolutely sh*te, ended up buying some class 10s and they were much better.

Saying that, I found openelec performs better when installed to the nand.

Edited once, last by fezz0 ().

• What class sd card are you using btw? When I bought my wetek plays, they supplied me with class 4 sd cards and they were absolutely sh*te, ended up buying some class 10s and they were much better.

Saying that, I found openelec performs better when installed to the nand.

think i've got 8 Gig 10's

i'm going to try and install on the nand when i find out how lol

- - - Updated - - -

again might sound obvious but try without openelec...

Have you setup just the wetek play android side and tested it ???
    with an updated upgrade of wetek play build?

Errrrrrr
    1: no not tried it.....yet
    2: no
    3: no

but i'm going to try.

• Its really quite simple to install on the nand.

You download your chosen Openelec zip file. Make sure the chosen file is for NAND ONLY.........Remember zip files are for new installations, tar files are for updating existing installations.

Then extract the contents on to sd card.

The files you should have on the sd card are .img file, .aml file, .zip file.

Now remove the power from the box, and insert your sd card.

Now stick a toothpick into the reset hole located on the bottom on the wetek play, and power on the wetek play (You need to continue holding the reset button untill you see the green robot on screen)

Wait for it to finish installing, then you will boot straight into openelec. You can now remove the sd card.

• put the 3 files in the tar on sd , insert it into the slot put a tooth pick in the hole under the wetek till you feel the button push in , insert power keeping the tooth pick in place for 7 secs and remove it , it will then read the sd and upgrade

• there's not three files inside the tar

there's six two folders four files.

2 folders
    Licenses
    Target

4 files
    Changelog
    readme.md
    openelec.ico
    release

or am i in the wong place?................lol

seems i might just as well use the zip file that has the three files inside, but my understanding was that this was only for new installs, the tar file is for upgrades only.

• Stevejo

you're a treasure mate where would i be without you, i did have that file but it's always best to be absolutely sure.

thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do me only do i have all these ridiculous problems.

dont have a SD slot on the windoze lappie, so doing it on a mac.

formatted the sd card to ms.dos mac version of fat32

transfered the 3 files to the MicroSD card

factory_update_param.ami
    OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.8-update.zip
    recovery.img

pulled the power on the WeTek

put the MircoSD in the slot

prodded the reset button

connected power

waited 7 secs

released said prodder..................and waited

box booted

what i get? bloody Android recovery screen with options that i have no idea what they mean.

tried 2nd MicroSD card.............same response.

is there an idiot god out there that's taken me under his wing:48_002:

• No mate that's not the screen i've got.

i've a dos type screen with 6 or seven options i have no idea what they mean apart from reboot.

but this should not be the screen i see, for the reflash.

it's been on screen for ages while i've been on the phone.

• If the micro sd card is formatted and you put the 3 files inside and you use the tooth pic you will see the android system updating figure if you interrupted this youll need to get the rescue image off the wetek site /forum and recover the device ,back to android then start again , you can never interupt any device thats flashing without issues

• nope mate didn't interupt it.

and the screen that i got was a i say a dos type, and robby the robot had fallen over...............i think he was laughing

- - - Updated - - -

Finally chaps

i've found what the problem was, just got back from Maplins with a SD card reader plugged it into the windows lappie 'cos i'd thought try everything windoze i'd d/l the files that Stevjo posted for me, then i accessed the MicroSD there was still 2 of the initial files on there that wasn't getting formatted on the mac (wether using the micro inserted into the adapter caused the problem on the mac i don't know), but did a fat32 format wiped the disk clean on the lappie, transfered stevjo's files, at last booted into robby the robot took only a minute or 2 and booted into openelec on the flash.

Finally Finally

network connected to tvheadend striaightaway, problem seemed to be that the MicroSD wasn't being formatted properly

thanks for everything guy's particularly stevejo.

best regards: canthackit

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!